123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Happened???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: What Happened??? Reply with quote

I purchased a 2012 Mac Mini base model, and I also have a 2011 base model. I used migration assistant to transfer pictures and Itunes to the new Mini.

All went well I thought, I used a Fire Wire 800 cable, when I turned on the New Mini it had everything pretty much that I wanted. However, the 2011 was a mountain Lion Install over Lion and it still has the application folder on the dock as well as Dashboard and some other things so I said this is okay. The problem being that the 2012 needs to have the same pass word as the 2011 for changing anything. I don't understand this.

I have several backups of both systems cloned with Super Duper, but I want the Pictures and the itunes to be the same on both mini's with seperate pass words not the same.

Where did I screw up?

tom d

Also if I put a hard drive in the dock and press the option it will not let me boot into the other drive, I will try it several ways, really confused now!!
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you most likely migrated the 2011 user into the 2012 mini. so the 2012 mini now has the same user thus the same password. you can change the password on the new mini to any thing you want.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: