123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Thanksgiving! Black Friday....

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5377
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving! Black Friday.... Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Anyone plan on doing some Black Friday shopping later tonight? We're going to try for a new iPad somewhere. I also plan on buying a new Shop-Vac at Lowes. They have a nice 14 gallon one on sale for $40. I really need one because mine is shot. I've really used it hard over the last few months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3219
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving!

No shopping planned for tonight, but all I'm planning for BF is Costco to get an external HDD for a gift for a friend. I checked the online version of the Frys BF ad, and I didn't see anything that interested me enough to deal with that madhouse.

Maybe go down to Home Despot to get some stuff...

I think it will be better for everyone concerned if the bear stays in his cave this weekend! Laughing

SC
_________________
Grumpy old man of computing.

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 775

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from Walmart. I was going there for a 60" Vizio, but there were already over 50 people standing in line. They didn't even know how many they had to offer, so I just threw in the flag. I didn't see many other things that I was interested in. I'm just going to stay home and watch a movie. It's a free Starz weekend on DirectTV. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 560
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving! Black Friday.... Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Anyone plan on doing some Black Friday shopping later tonight? We're going to try for a new iPad somewhere. I also plan on buying a new Shop-Vac at Lowes. They have a nice 14 gallon one on sale for $40. I really need one because mine is shot. I've really used it hard over the last few months.
Let us remember one thing about Thanksgiving we should all be grateful we live in a democracy and have peace among us . Not like other countries out there today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 2665
Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border. It appears that your Black Friday frenzy is making its way into Canada. I get Black Friday sales emails galore, but so far nothing has tempted me. Not that I'm hard done by! Two months ago I traded up a 2009 MacBook Pro for a 2010 MacBook Air (2-256), and this week I made a great deal with my phone service provider (Koodo) to get a new iPhone 4 for $275 with no contract. (My first iPhone.) Looking over the Black Friday deals, I see nothing that would have changed those purchases. If you're in the market for a new MBP or MBA, Apple's $101 off is tempting, but even better would be Amazon's deal for the 13" MBA.

Happy shopping everybody Smile
_________________
Mini 1 (2011): 2.3 ghz Core i5; 8 gb RAM, Corsair 240gb SSD, 500 gb Seagate XT
Mini 2 (2009): 2.26 ghz Core 2 duo, 8 gb RAM, 500 gb Seagate used as HTPC
Also a Cube, 13" MacBook Air, 20" 2.66 ghz iMac & 11.6" Acer 1810TZ running Ubuntu & Crunchbang
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 560
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border. It appears that your Black Friday frenzy is making its way into Canada. I get Black Friday sales emails galore, but so far nothing has tempted me. Not that I'm hard done by! Two months ago I traded up a 2009 MacBook Pro for a 2010 MacBook Air (2-256), and this week I made a great deal with my phone service provider (Koodo) to get a new iPhone 4 for $275 with no contract. (My first iPhone.) Looking over the Black Friday deals, I see nothing that would have changed those purchases. If you're in the market for a new MBP or MBA, Apple's $101 off is tempting, but even better would be Amazon's deal for the 13" MBA.

Happy shopping everybody Smile
Isn't Thanksgiving in Canada celebrated in Oct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5377
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
this week I made a great deal with my phone service provider (Koodo) to get a new iPhone 4 for $275 with no contract. (My first iPhone.))

Cool! I thought you were already an iPhone user.

I had never heard of Koodo before. What's your pland and how's your coverage?

BTW: What are the other popular pre-paid carriers up there?

We bought a 4G 16GB iPad on Black Friday at Target. It's just an amazing tablet with a brilliant display. I'm glad that we waited.

I also got the Shop-Vac at Lowes and new Stanley tool chest. I really wanted a Craftsman chest, but this one seemed pretty nice for $99. We also finished up shopping for the kids and our parents at Target.

Now, onto the Christmas tree and decorating...


Last edited by devo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5969
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Now, onto the Christmas tree and decorating...


We'll have to start another Christmas tree/decorations/lights thread this year. I always enjoy seeing other people's Christmas decor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5377
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
We'll have to start another Christmas tree/decorations/lights thread this year. I always enjoy seeing other people's Christmas decor.

Yeah, hackers always had some good ones. I miss seeing him around these parts.

I'm totally loving this new iPad Bandit. It's really my first extended time with a Retina display. I look at our 1G iPad now, or even my MacBook Pro, and it's like my eyes are going bad. You get spoiled really fast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5969
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
We'll have to start another Christmas tree/decorations/lights thread this year. I always enjoy seeing other people's Christmas decor.

Yeah, hackers always had some good ones. I miss seeing him around these parts.

I'm totally loving this new iPad Bandit. It's really my first extended time with a Retina display. I look at our 1G iPad now, or even my MacBook Pro, and it's like my eyes are going bad. You get spoiled really fast.


This is what makes me have no interest in an iPad mini.
Your eyes really do get spoiled.

I like to use the analogy of HD vs. standard definition television. Nobody complained about standard definition television when that was all we had, but its had to watch after you are used to HD.

Same thing.

The iPad is even more apparent because you are reading on it. I have a hard time looking at my iMac etc. and not wishing it was Retina as well.

This is going to be the big thing that pushes people towards new products. Most of us don't need faster processors, but the screen is something we use each an every time and for often hours at a time.

Retina is awesome. Your new iPad 4th gen should give you years of enjoyment. Sure it would be nice if it was lighter but it's no big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5377
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the next iPad will be lighter and styled closer to the iPad mini. I also it will have stereo speakers. That's really my only complaint about this one. The audio is no better than the first generation. In fact, I think it might be even a little worse. Probably due to the speaker location.

One more thing...

How do you test for the display type Bandit? Like if it's either a Samsung or Sharp display.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5969
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
How do you test for the display type Bandit? Like if it's either a Samsung or Sharp display.


I don't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 560
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
devo wrote:
How do you test for the display type Bandit? Like if it's either a Samsung or Sharp display.


I don't know.
You do not know I am surprised.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.