123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini 2012 monitor connection ... DVI ro HDMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmini2012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Mac mini 2012 monitor connection ... DVI ro HDMI Reply with quote

I am a NEW mac mini user.

Question: My monitor have DVI and HDMI input port. So, use DVI convertor or HDMI directly connect to the monitor ?

Thanks!
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just go direct with HDMI. You don't need to use the adapter. Unless perhaps, you are saving the HDMI input for another computer. The use the DVI port with your adapter.
macmini2012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the problem :-

Use DVI adapter, MAC OS can detect my monitor in display profile and color very good, no need calibration.

But, if use HDMI connection between the monitor and mac mini 2012, color very poor, after calibration still not perfect.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is actually a common problem it has to do with the mini's graphics card i would recommend using dvi until they get a fix produced
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: