123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Mobile 5 - Lessons(???)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacUser_Since_1986

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Windows Mobile 5 - Lessons(???) Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find some good tutorials on how to use Windows Mobile 5 (about 2005 vintage, give or take)??? There's this hyper-expensive "surveyor-grade" GPS device that a state trails organization is loaning to local recreational trails organizations, and I may need to learn how to run the thing. Its operating system is Windows Mobile 5. (The device is supposedly worth $4,000.)

I don't know anything about WinMob 5.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$4,000 my can try $20.00 windows mobile 5 is a much older version smartphone os the latest version is 6.4 windows mobile is discontinued in 2015 for windows phone o.s i have a old windows mobile device at my house there worth 20.00 the only reason i would think someone would try to sell you a gps with windows mobile is because they are ripping you off and your company is to stupid to notice

dont think i am telling you all the facts go look on wiki and type in windows mobile 5 you will see what i mean here is the link look at windows mobile 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile#Windows_Mobile_5
Brendan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read and comprehend the post before replying. The state trails dept is borrowing them the GPS, not selling. We have plenty of handheld devices running windows mobile and CE. They cost thousands of dollars when new and we will use them until they break. Survey grade GPS units are very expensive, depending on functions, usually $2-6k. You don't replace expensive equipment because the os used for the interface is old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: