123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini (late 2012) Reseating of Airport Antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fergie13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini (late 2012) Reseating of Airport Antenna Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just upgraded my 2012 mac mini 2.5ghz with 16gb RAM and a Seagate Hybrid XT hard drive. The upgrade has gone well all bar the reseating of the airport antenna. The right hand side of it will not align properly so I am unable to the right hand side silver screw back in. Has anyone else had similar problems that can advise please? I am new to forum posts.

Regards,

Andrew
Badger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be out of alignment from the hard drive shifting. Take the Airport antenna plate back off. The screw in the screws on either side of the Airport antenna plate first. Then screw in the ones securing down the hard drive. It might be that simple.
cazzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine apart several times and yes it takes a little manuevering to get the holes lined up. Just keep moving it around. And I agree put the harddrive screws in last.
opinio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is old but people will possibly still get the same problem.

To make it resit properly, you usually have to make sure the edge of the grill that goes under the Mac Mini chassi edge goes under fully. I find if you bend the part of the grill that goes under (on the curved edge) down a bit, then the part of the curved edge of the grill that meets the chassis of the MM body will sit better.

That is very hard to explain without a video.
Brendan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To make it resit properly, you usually have to make sure the edge of the grill that goes under the Mac Mini chassi edge goes under fully. I find if you bend the part of the grill that goes under (on the curved edge) down a bit, then the part of the curved edge of the grill that meets the chassis of the MM body will sit better.

My 2012 did exactly the same thing. It is almost like the part grew after taking it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: