123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatible Speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Compatible Speakers Reply with quote

What in your opinion would be a good compatible small computer speakers with a sub with the 2011 mac mini?Thanks
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question How much are you willing to spend!!!

Because i can recommend several including the new harmon kardon's but they will run you about 800.00 or logitech which will run you 100.00 to 150.00

So like i said how much are you willing to spend ????
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Sub Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Question How much are you willing to spend!!!

Because i can recommend several including the new harmon kardon's but they will run you about 800.00 or logitech which will run you 100.00 to 150.00

So like i said how much are you willing to spend ????
How much about tops $50.00
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted some betters speakers with my iMac so I went and got a set of Bose Companion 2 speakers. Had an awful humm so back they went and I got a set of the Logitech Z 2300-PC, two speaker/sub combo. I've been very happy with them. If they up and died I'd probably go back to Logitech for another similar set. One feature they have that I didn't think I'd like was the separate wired control knob to adjust the volume and to turn it off. Big plus in my book. Sound is good enough for my ears and they can kick out enough volume for the house if I wanted too. If you up your expense a bit I think you can find some nice ones for under $100.
Texark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
Bose Companion 2 speakers.

I have the same speakers. I don't notice the humming, but they kind of lack in the bass department. They do have a bright and clean sound though.

Logitech makes a lot of nice speaker sets. That would probably be were I would begin my search for a new set of computer speakers. The Creative GigaWorks T40's also get good reviews.

Don't forget about using an Airport Express either. Outputting via Airplay makes for a nice solution if your home stereo is in the same room.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
I wanted some betters speakers with my iMac so I went and got a set of Bose Companion 2 speakers. Had an awful humm so back they went and I got a set of the Logitech Z 2300-PC, two speaker/sub combo. I've been very happy with them. If they up and died I'd probably go back to Logitech for another similar set. One feature they have that I didn't think I'd like was the separate wired control knob to adjust the volume and to turn it off. Big plus in my book. Sound is good enough for my ears and they can kick out enough volume for the house if I wanted too. If you up your expense a bit I think you can find some nice ones for under $100.
I heard a subwoofer combination here for about $20 which is made by Genius and sounds good with the Mac mini and is a total of 10 watts which my room is not that big. thanks
Calveen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a little OT, but do the newer Mac minis still have a little internal speaker for listening to stuff without external speakers? My cousin had one of the very first ones Intel Mac minis and I thought the internal speaker was actually decent for listening to Youtube and stuff in a quite room. It wasn't great sounding, but it wasn't dead horrible either. It didn't wake up the house either.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

Calveen wrote:
This might be a little OT, but do the newer Mac minis still have a little internal speaker for listening to stuff without external speakers? My cousin had one of the very first ones Intel Mac minis and I thought the internal speaker was actually decent for listening to Youtube and stuff in a quite room. It wasn't great sounding, but it wasn't dead horrible either. It didn't wake up the house either.
The new ones have it 2011 model which i have. It is that very loud. The MBP are a better speaker internally/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: