123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatible Speakers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 574
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Compatible Speakers Reply with quote

What in your opinion would be a good compatible small computer speakers with a sub with the 2011 mac mini?Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 1823

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question How much are you willing to spend!!!

Because i can recommend several including the new harmon kardon's but they will run you about 800.00 or logitech which will run you 100.00 to 150.00

So like i said how much are you willing to spend ????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 574
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Sub Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Question How much are you willing to spend!!!

Because i can recommend several including the new harmon kardon's but they will run you about 800.00 or logitech which will run you 100.00 to 150.00

So like i said how much are you willing to spend ????
How much about tops $50.00
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Y-Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 484
Location: Tri-Cities, WA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted some betters speakers with my iMac so I went and got a set of Bose Companion 2 speakers. Had an awful humm so back they went and I got a set of the Logitech Z 2300-PC, two speaker/sub combo. I've been very happy with them. If they up and died I'd probably go back to Logitech for another similar set. One feature they have that I didn't think I'd like was the separate wired control knob to adjust the volume and to turn it off. Big plus in my book. Sound is good enough for my ears and they can kick out enough volume for the house if I wanted too. If you up your expense a bit I think you can find some nice ones for under $100.
_________________
iMac 24" 2.4 GHz 4GB | Logitech S530 | Z-2300 speakers | NewerTech Guardian MAXimus RAID
MacMini HTPC 2.26 GHz 2GB | Panasonic Plasma TV | Logitech diNovo Edge | Mercury Elite-AL Pro 800
AppleTV1 unhacked | Panasonic LCD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texark
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 358
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
Bose Companion 2 speakers.

I have the same speakers. I don't notice the humming, but they kind of lack in the bass department. They do have a bright and clean sound though.

Logitech makes a lot of nice speaker sets. That would probably be were I would begin my search for a new set of computer speakers. The Creative GigaWorks T40's also get good reviews.

Don't forget about using an Airport Express either. Outputting via Airplay makes for a nice solution if your home stereo is in the same room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 574
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
I wanted some betters speakers with my iMac so I went and got a set of Bose Companion 2 speakers. Had an awful humm so back they went and I got a set of the Logitech Z 2300-PC, two speaker/sub combo. I've been very happy with them. If they up and died I'd probably go back to Logitech for another similar set. One feature they have that I didn't think I'd like was the separate wired control knob to adjust the volume and to turn it off. Big plus in my book. Sound is good enough for my ears and they can kick out enough volume for the house if I wanted too. If you up your expense a bit I think you can find some nice ones for under $100.
I heard a subwoofer combination here for about $20 which is made by Genius and sounds good with the Mac mini and is a total of 10 watts which my room is not that big. thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calveen
New Member
New Member


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a little OT, but do the newer Mac minis still have a little internal speaker for listening to stuff without external speakers? My cousin had one of the very first ones Intel Mac minis and I thought the internal speaker was actually decent for listening to Youtube and stuff in a quite room. It wasn't great sounding, but it wasn't dead horrible either. It didn't wake up the house either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 574
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

Calveen wrote:
This might be a little OT, but do the newer Mac minis still have a little internal speaker for listening to stuff without external speakers? My cousin had one of the very first ones Intel Mac minis and I thought the internal speaker was actually decent for listening to Youtube and stuff in a quite room. It wasn't great sounding, but it wasn't dead horrible either. It didn't wake up the house either.
The new ones have it 2011 model which i have. It is that very loud. The MBP are a better speaker internally/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.