123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Apple Intros 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display Reply with quote

Apple Intros 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple today introduced an all-new version of its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro featuring a Retina display and all flash storage in a new compact design. At a mere 0.75 inches and 3.57 pounds, the portable 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is 20 percent thinner and almost a pound lighter than the current 13-inch MacBook Pro.

"The 13-inch MacBook Pro is our most popular Mac, and today it gets completely reinvented with a new thin and light design, fast flash storage and a gorgeous Retina display," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "With vivid colors, razor sharp text and more pixels than anyone else's 15 or 17-inch notebooks, the Retina display completely changes what you expect from a notebook."

The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is available with a 2.5 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, 8GB of memory and 128GB of flash storage starting at $1,699 (US); and with 256GB of flash storage starting at $1,999 (US). Configure-to-order options include faster dual-core Intel Core i7 processors and flash storage up to 768GB.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1903.html
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting until Apple discontinues the standard models from the line. I have a feeling that prices on the retina models will drop then. If that's how it goes.
Mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a MacBook Pro 13" last week from Amazon for $1012.

$1,699 for the same machine with a retina display??? No thanks.
mini #1: 1.4 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD
mini #2: Late 2009 mini. 2.53 Ghz, 500 GB 7200 rpm HD. 4 GB RAM. Geekbench=3526
Black MacBook 2.4 Ghz
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 250 Gb HD
Cube 1.4 ghz.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted this machine, but the price tag is a deal breaker for me. I'm actually leaning towards the Lenovo Ideapad Yoga now. I saw one at Best Buy and it's unbelievable. It offers a lot of computer and tablet for the money.

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/ideapad/yoga/yoga-13/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: