123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Is Getting A The New IPad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Who Is Getting A The New IPad? Reply with quote

Who is getting a The New IPad? The thing I like most in this updated version is the iPhoto program. Since they say the updates are for iOS then it should work on an iPod Touch. I'm holding out for a better iPod Touch or perhaps the rumored 7" device whether it is called iPad light or Big Touch.

I was eager to purchase an iPod Touch last year. Then Apple let me down in a huge way by only offering one change to it, the color white. No way was I purchasing one without at least the A5 chip. I wanted to use it for Garage Band and iWork. It was to be my pocket computer.

I'll be waiting until September for the next batch of iPod Touches to be introduced unless they introduce the smaller iPad between now and then.

Which features of "The New IPad" did you like the most? Are they enough to get you to purchase one?

Smallwheels
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPad 64GB 4G Black on order.
I'm getting it for the Retina display alone. This is reason enough for me to upgrade. It's something that I will benefit from EVERY time I use the device. I'm a big believer is getting nice displays. This is why I purchased a Cinema Display for my Mac mini. I have loved it for 6 years now and it's still awesome.

I purchased a used iPad 1 64GB 3G iPad, almost one year ago for $450. I will be trading it in for $350 when my new iPad arrives. Apple iPad 1 64GB 3G models are still currently selling for $599 (new battery, new body).

Being that Apple products have incredible resale value, I personally don't hold off my purchases waiting on rumored products. Most of us don't even take full advantage of our current products. I also think the current product line is already amazing.

In your scenario, you may have a specific need that isn't being fulfilled by the current product line, so I respect your decision. I personally do not have this issue.
albert2k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really need neccesary to upgrade from iPad2 that I uave. From to 2 or 3 is ok but nit rally make sense for me.
Macbook Air - 1.8GHz - Intel Core i5
4GB Memory - 250 GB Hard Disk
OS X Mountain Lion
iPad 2 - iPhone 4
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

albert2k wrote:
I don't really need neccesary to upgrade from iPad2 that I have. From to 2 or 3 is ok but not really make sense for me.

I appreciate where you are coming from. For most people the iPad 1 or iPad 2 are perfect devices.

I read a good post on another forum where a user used Kodak as an example. Kodak might come out with 10 new digital cameras each year. Surely they do not expect people to buy them all or upgrade each time.
New buyers will however have a range of choices. This is why Apple kept entry level iPad 2's as an option. I also think it's part of the reason Apple dropped the #'s in the naming convention. Buyers won't feel as much remorse when a model change takes place.

I work in Apple retail, so I have to keep on top of things. I'll more than get a return on my investment by having product knowledge on the new device and having owned the older device. I'll have hands on experience and be able to better assist my customers in choosing the model that will best meet their needs.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I work in Apple retail, so I have to keep on top of things. I'll more than get a return on my investment by having product knowledge on the new device and having owned the older device. I'll have hands on experience and be able to better assist my customers in choosing the model that will best meet their needs.
This reminded me that the local Apple reseller has closed its store. This means I'll need to order my next iDevice from Apple without being able to see one. Of course Walmart sells them and there is one of those here. The thing is they don't ever take any out of the display case. Plus they never turn on the ones in the case or let people handle them. They have some type of rule that everything made by Apple must remain sealed in their boxes until sold.

I suppose Youtube will be the closest I get to new Apple computers for a while until I move to a big city with an Apple store.

Smallwheels
Bluenose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one yesterday from the Apple Store here in Glasgow - well impressed - never had any of the previous ones!!!
Doug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine from Apple Store in Seattle yesterday. Love it so far as this is my first iPad.
ChevroletChap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to purchase the New iPad later this year. Kind of a Christmas gift for myself and the workaholic guy in me, haha! I have tried several times playing racing games in a 7 inch Android tablet but the thought of my iPhone features in a 10 inch screen is simply irresistible!

But you know what? If that time the 7 inch device (iPad light or big touch) is released, I'll think twice on which to buy. For now, i am headed to the new iPad! Very Happy
LydiaBen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to buy an iPad3,but I just bought an iPhone5 several days before,maybe later,I will bought an iPad mini,I heard it will be coming in October and officially for sale in Nov.I have no high specification demand for the iPad,maybe the iPad mini will be suitable for me.Waiting for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: