123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is the refresh coming?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilcalvin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: When is the refresh coming? Reply with quote

I have a 2006 1.66 GHz core duo that is asking to be replaced. Any thoughts or ideas on a date for a refresh of the mini line?
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac_Mini
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mini is due for Ivy Bridge Processors (3rd gen Intel i5/i7s) and USB 3.0 ports and 1600MHz memory, but I can't see an update prior to the iMacs getting the technology. The iMac is long overdue and stock has been pathetic throughout the channel.

Likely we will see iMacs within the next couple weeks, hopefully minis will show up at the same time.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supply is drying up, so they could be coming soon. Smile

http://www.cultofmac.com/194955/a-dearth-of-mac-minis-could-point-to-hardware-refresh-rumor/
mdgm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a news discussion thread here: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30795
2011 Mini Server
NAS - 10 x ReadyNAS units
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Apple update the Mac mini, shrink and update the Mac Pro and release an touch-screen enabled iMac. Now, that would be an exciting breath of fresh air. Oh yeah, and how about a 13" MacBook Pro with a retina display?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I would like to see Apple update the Mac mini, shrink and update the Mac Pro and release an touch-screen enabled iMac. Now, that would be an exciting breath of fresh air. Oh yeah, and how about a 13" MacBook Pro with a retina display?

A touch screen iMac would be interesting. I used to scoff at the thought, but after getting used to an iPad and iOS I'm open to the idea. I've found myself using my iMac a few times and thinking about swiping the screen. Some things would be more intuitive with a touch screen. I do however hate fingerprints. I share a computer at work and I clean the screen every morning.

A 13 inch retina display would be cool. I think we won't see one for about 1 year though. Next time Round Apple will probably chop the current 15" and 13" MBP and have solid state retina models across the board.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

A touch screen iMac would be interesting. I used to scoff at the thought, but after getting used to an iPad and iOS I'm open to the idea. I've found myself using my iMac a few times and thinking about swiping the screen. Some things would be more intuitive with a touch screen. I do however hate fingerprints. I share a computer at work and I clean the screen every morning.

A 13 inch retina display would be cool. I think we won't see one for about 1 year though. Next time Round Apple will probably chop the current 15" and 13" MBP and have solid state retina models across the board.

Funny thing. I've actually swiped at the screen on my MBP before after being the iPad for an extended time. Laughing

It does sort of become a natural thing after while. I just think the iMac would be awesome as a touch device. I mean, my daughter LOVES messing with the HP models in Best Buy and HH Gregg. Based on that alone, I bet the education market would go bonkers for them too.

The second or third generation 15" MBP with retina will probably be my next Mac. I still want them to make a 13" MBP retina model though. I just think it will be an incredibly poplar machine. I mean, unless they go retina with the MacBook Air. That would probably be the most popular.

I would also like to see them go retina with the Cinema display. Even though I think we are ways off from seeing a retina display at that size.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Apple make a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air like this new touch Vaio from Sony. It looks freaking rad.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/sony-vaio-t13-touch/
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the entire computer industry is going touch for Windows 8. From laptops, desktops and hybrids to standalone monitors. Not to mention the Surface and other RT tablets.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Windows 8 Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
It seems like the entire computer industry is going touch for Windows 8. From laptops, desktops and hybrids to standalone monitors. Not to mention the Surface and other RT tablets.
What is so great about windows 8?
ramnj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on another forum.

Quote:
9to5Mac is reporting that new Mac minis will be introduced next week at a press event for the rumored iPad mini. According to the report, these new Mac minis will be available immediately after the announcement. Their upgrades will include the move to Ivy Bridge and the addition of USB 3.0.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

ramnj wrote:
Saw this on another forum.

Quote:
9to5Mac is reporting that new Mac minis will be introduced next week at a press event for the rumored iPad mini. According to the report, these new Mac minis will be available immediately after the announcement. Their upgrades will include the move to Ivy Bridge and the addition of USB 3.0.
No big deal really A little faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: