123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uploading to YouTube - questions and advice solicited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacUser_Since_1986

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Uploading to YouTube - questions and advice solicited Reply with quote

Lately, I am a little irked at YouTube. I want to be able to post a video there, but I can't do it because it is too long. You are supposed to be able to bypass the length rule if you give YouTube your cell phone number, but I can't find a means to convey my cell number. So it's like I'm "stuck in neutral." I tried asking on some YouTube forums, but there's either no response or I can't log-in.

My video is about 22 minutes in length. It was shot in DV in 2005, edited in Final Cut Pro, and originally put onto a DVD. I still have access to the footage in Final Cut.

I have thought about creating a separate YouTube account apart from my current personal account. I'm just wondering if I'll run into the same issue there with no resolution possible.

Is there a way to upload to YouTube using FTP software? If so, how?

If this is the wrong forum to be posting this, I apologize. I can't seem to find a good place to ask these questions. Any suggestions on a more appropriate forum (hopefully one where you can register and post the same day) would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

MY HARDWARE:
MacBook Pro Intel Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
iMac G4 1.25 Ghz

MY INTERNET CONNECTION
Verizon DSL Hi-speed
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you dont have to have your cell phone to get longer time for videos you need to post 20 videos before they will let you post past 15 minutes also under the new rules of youtube your video must meet these requirements

1. no copyrighted music if you want music that you can use freely on youtube go to www.frostclick.com and click there music section all there music is copyright free under the creative commons license you can use the music as long as in the video coments you put free open source music from frost click.

2. no copyrighted images unless you have permission to access the photo's

if you follow these rules you should be ok

and to upload use iMovie it works best on macintosh for youtube videos with Final Cut
billb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Youtube Music Reply with quote

I get Music from HERE for Youtube.
Just download it and post the provided
info that accompanies the music and
you'll be ok.
Mac mini, Model 1.1, 2.33 GHz C2D Proc
20" iMac G4 PPC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: