123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wifi issues with iOS6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Wifi issues with iOS6? Reply with quote

Since downloading iOS6 on my iPhone 4S I have been experiencing problems with intermittent wifi access. When in my home the phone alternates between 3G and wifi frequently. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this since the upgraded? Thanks
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day there was a problem, the success page from Apple wasn't working to so many users were having problems. They fixed that by early afternoon and I was up and running just fine.

General recommendation is to try purging the network settings and then reacquiring the signal and re-input the password. You might want to visit the apple support community to see if there is a known ongoing issues. I've not had issues since the first day.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's simple to fix..

make sure you have updated to ios 6 from iTunes not from the phone itself the phone itself update has issues

the itunes update doesn't have the issue

But if you still experiance the issue restore the phone with ios 6 and start again you have a faulty network firmware flash
swantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

I did get the update from iTunes and that had a few issues. The wifi problem was solved by rebooting my wifi router after I had turned of the wifi on my phone. This was one of the recommended solutions from the Apple discussion groups.

Thanks for your response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: