123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Holding Media Event on September 12th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Apple Holding Media Event on September 12th Reply with quote

Apple Holding Media Event on September 12th
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple sent out invitations today for a special media event to be held on Wednesday, September 12th at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time. The invitations for the event simply read, "It's almost here" with a number 12 for the date casting a number 5 shadow. It's widely expected that Apple will be launching the iPhone 5 at this event.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1874.html
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love special media events.

Personally, I'm not excited for the iPhone 5. Yes it will be cool, but there have been enough rumored parts to build one. No big suprise here, but we finally get to see it assembled. I am however anscious to see what else will be announced. I'm highly expecting a new iMac and the minis are also due for an update. I haven't been following iOS 6 development, but I assume it will be released as well.
Stuchel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, on the other hand AM excited for the New iPhone! I'm hoping it can compete with the Galaxy SIII. Only time will tell I suppose!

Ive bn running the Beta of iOS 6 and I'm loving it and excited for the final release...

With regards to a Mac mini refresh ill Possibly be kinda gutted if they do as I've only had mine a couple of months and maybe would have held off if it was a definite.... However... The Mac mini I have I LOVE!

Roll on Next Wednesday!!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait, I'm seriously considering buying my first iPhone this time. I nearly bought a 4S back in April but decided to hang on and wait for the 5 rather than going the "S" route.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five has always been my lucky number!

I think Apple has some serious competition with the Samsung G SIII though. I just replaced my water logged SII with one and it rocks. I would say mostly for the screen size and form factor, but Android has come a long way too. I don't think I would go back to the iPhone unless the screen was comparable.

As for new Macs. I think Apple really needs to do something with their desktop line. Even if it's just bringing them up to date with the latest from Intel and USB 3.0. A touch screen iMac would be pretty cool too. I know my daughter loves playing with the ones from HP at the store.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking forward to what Amazon release on the 6th Sept. I love my Kindle, its so much better to read on than the iPad. So I may get tempted to upgrade if a newer model is released.

The Kindle Fire also looks interesting even though we haven't got it yet in the UK. Thursday is Amazon's media event and it looks set to be the launch of the Kindle Fire II with rumours of a 7" and 10" model and hopefully a UK launch. I think I'm more interested in the 7" Fire II, something smaller and more manageable than the iPad. So I may not have any money left for iPhones Razz

but then maybe it will be Apple going the other way on the 12th and bringing out an iPad Nano :p

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a 10" Kindle Fire. My wife loves the current model to death. It goes everywhere with her. Plus, I'm a big fan of their web services. I have a huge chunk of my music of their Cloud Drive and Player.

I do think that Apple will be coming out with a 7-8" iPad mini or iPod touch soon though. If you're just using the Kindle to read on, you might want to wait Cypher. What if the new iPad mini is retina and the new Kindles are lower res? Would you still be more inclined to buy the Kindle at around the same price? Seeing that you can still use the Kindle for iOS app to read with.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just the iphone 5 at this event!!!!

Occording to media sources here in washington state they are also expected to announce a new ipad with a smaller screen and the bad announcement that apple is changing the dock connector on the iphone 5 which will now force 3rd party dock creators to pay apple to produce docks for the new iphone which means all 3rd party docks become garbage
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the 5 can also mean iPod Touch 5. The current model is in its 4th generation.

Or

Even better 5 updates... iPhone, iPod touch, iMac, Mac mini

I'll let you pick number 5.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Apple do something with iLife. Bringing it more up to speed with Mountain Lion and iCloud. A 13" MacBook Pro with retina display wouldn't be shabby either.
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
If you're just using the Kindle to read on, you might want to wait.

I'd still use a Kindle just for reading. I prefer to read on an e-ink display than an LCD backlit display. I did read eBooks on my iPad for a while but quickly switched to the Kindle once I'd seen one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: