123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: Upgraded 2009 Mac mini with 4GB RAM, SSD, and eSATA port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lego9vtrainfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: FS: Upgraded 2009 Mac mini with 4GB RAM, SSD, and eSATA port Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking these boards for years and have learned a many interesting things, including enough to enable me to modify my early 2009 Mac mini to include an eSATA port in place of the ODD. The time has come to part ways with this one-of-a-kind system, so I thought I would offer it for sale to the community. Here we go:

FS: 2009 Apple Mac mini (model A1283 / Macmini3,1), which has been significantly upgraded and modified to be a very fast and capable little mac. Smile

The upgrades include:

Replacement of original 120 GB hard disk with the high performance Intel X25-M G2 160 GB Solid State Drive
    Upgrade to 4 GB of DDR3-1066 RAM
    Addition of an eSATA port to the back panel to enable you to use external eSATA hard disks at full SATA 3Gbps speeds -- on a Mac mini! This last upgrade is what makes this system unique, as a lot of careful machining went into modifying the back panel to add the eSATA port in a neat and tidy manner -- there are only a couple other examples of this mod in the world, and trading the internal optical drive (which is slow and can be used via an external USB drive) for a fast eSATA port is a great upgrade. See photo below for location of port (red text added to picture).

More images on Craigslist.

The full specifications of the system:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor
    4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM (upgrade)
    160 GB Intel X25-M SSD (upgrade)
    Nvidia 9400M graphics supporting two external monitors via Mini-DVI port and Mini-DisplayPort outputs
    Gigabit Ethernet and Airport Extreme wireless (802.11n) networking
    5 USB 2.0 ports, 1 FireWire 800 port, and 1 eSATA port

Included are all of the original boxes, manuals, and accessories that came with the computer and a couple extras:

Apple Remote (aluminum)
    Apple AC power adapter for Mac mini
    Apple Mini-DVI to DVI video adapter
    Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 install and restore DVDs with iLife
    Apple Mac mini manual and getting started guide
    Original shipping box for Apple Mac mini
    Original box for Intel X25-m 160 GB SSD drive with mounting bracket for 3.5" drive bay should you ever wish to move the SSD to another system
    Original slot-load ODD in external chassis can also be included, if desired

I'm asking $800 for the system with all of the upgrades included (over $800 worth originally alone), which will provide speedy, reliable computing for years to come. The system will be wiped clean and given to you with a fresh install of Max OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and iLife -- all ready to go!

Free shipping anywhere in the world is included. I am located in Vancouver, Canada and will happily arrange for a local viewing / pickup, if desired. I have many references on Ebay under the username lego9vtrainfan.

Also available: LG Flatron W2052TQ 20" widescreen LCD monitor, $120. Great companion for this system.

You can also view this system on Craigslist: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/sys/3107137854.html

Thanks in advance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: