123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sleep and internet connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: sleep and internet connection Reply with quote

Hi, Surprising trouble always happens after service company demands some change/update on my system. This time it came from internet server (AT&T) that suddenly required an account password update. After several hours online and on phone, they just set my account with a new password (nothing special). Then after that I thought it was all fine I was back online smoothly as usual. But then when I put my mini to sleep ... and woke it up, there is no connection and I have to pull down from menu and click "connect" to re-start internet connection. Before the password update my mini always automatically re-connect immediately after wake-up. Now it all changed to the bad way and I don't know how to fix it. Would appreciate if anyone can give tip to make my internet connection wake up just as my mini does. Thanks
fiat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I upgraded my SL to ML last night successfully and now the wake-up/connection problem disappeared. Don't know why, but just happy with new ML, especially that now I can enlarge font size in iCal. Haven't peeked into other detail yet. Only spent lot time to recover my Mail app after the transition: the new view appears very ugly/cumbersome to me, so I have to reset to the classic view and readjust font size for message list/content but not the Mailbox pane (they redesign it as the side bar and font size in sidebar is fixed -- a bummer); also the transition wipes out all the Rules I set under SL, so I have to reset all rules and manually bring back mails from all different mailboxes to the one I set before! New Dock is not as nice/cool as the one in SL either (but not big deal). Sorry for suddenly off topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: