123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who would win; the current 2012 menís basketball team or the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTGSteve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Who would win; the current 2012 menís basketball team or the Reply with quote

I was playing an awesome Olympics game (which I will link to below) which of course made me a little more interested in the Olympics. I went on Twitter and saw that Kobe Bryant had said something to the tune of ďThe current USA Olympics team is better than any USA Olympic team to ever competeĒ. That may not be the exact quote, but itís very close to what he said.

Hereís the link to that Olympics game I was playing, before I forget to give you all the link:

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/london-2012-official-mobile/id514520676?mt=8

There is also a premium version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/london-2012-official-mobile/id526999647?mt=8
Anyways, Iím just wondering what everyone else thinks. Here is how the rosters stack up:

1992 Dream Team:

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Larry Bird
Karl Malone
Patrick Ewing
Clyde Drexler
John Stockton
Charles Barkley
Magic Johnson
Christian Laettner
David Robinson
Chris Mullin

2012 US Olympic Menís Team Roster:

Carmelo Anthony
Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Russel Westbrook
Chris Paul
Kevin Love
LeBron James
Andre Iguodala
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
Tyson Chandler

Now, in my honest opinion, there is no way the 2012 team could possibly beat the 1992 team. As a matter of fact, I think that it would be an utter blow out. The last I saw, Michael Jordan did have a reply for Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson also has a comment for Kobe, as well:

Jordan: I absolutely laughed. For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done. I imagine heís trying to legitimize his own Dream Team, but to me itís not even a question what team is better.

Magic Johnson: I laughed as well, the 1992 Dream Team had 11 hall of famers, 23 championship rings and the greatest player of all time in Jordan. No chance this years team would take us. Our í92 team had too many winners, were too smart and too competitive to lose to Kobe and the 2012 team. I am excited to watch them though.

So, in your honest opinion, who do you think would have won? Iím very interested to see what everyone has to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: