Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 pm Post subject: Apple Releases Aperture 3.3 Update
|Apple Releases Aperture 3.3 Update
Monday, June 11, 2012
Posted by: Staff
Apple has released the Aperture 3.3 Update via the Mac App Store and their Software Update Utility and website for direct download. According to the company, this update includes the following changes:
- New unified photo library for both iPhoto (v 9.3 or later) and Aperture; no import/export required; Faces, Places, slideshows, albums and web sharing work across both applications.
- Support for AVCHD video has been added.
- Aperture now lets you use camera-generated previews for faster browsing of RAW files immediately after import.
- Highlights & Shadows tool has been updated to deliver higher-quality results and work with extended range data.
- A new Auto Enhance button has been added to the Adjustments panel.
- White Balance tool now includes Skin Tone and Natural Gray modes to simplify color balance.
- Auto button has been added to the White Balance tool for one-click color balancing.
- Set Desktop command has been added to Share menu so you can set a desktop background from within Aperture.
- A new Manual option allows you to drag and drop projects to customize sort order in the Projects view.
- New preference allows you to set the background brightness of the full screen browser.
- Facebook, Flickr, and MobileMe albums are now displayed as thumbnails in the main window when accounts are selected in the source list.
- Minor terminology changes, including "Original" instead of "Master" and "Info" instead of "Metadata".
- Source list includes a new "Recent" section, showing Last Import and recently-viewed projects.
- Raw Fine Tuning is no longer displayed in the Adjustments panel by default.
- Faces can now be named by dragging them from the Unnamed Faces browser to existing snapshots on the corkboard.
- The Faces corkboard now includes a menu that allows you to set the order of face snapshots.
- Newly designed monochrome source list and toolbar icons.
- Addresses numerous issues related to overall performance and stability.
The Aperture 3.3 Update weighs in at 528.37MB and requires Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later.