123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tendinitis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Tendinitis Reply with quote

I've been remodeling our house for the last couple months now. Now I have a wicked case of tendinitis in my forearm. It sort of came on after scraping all of the grout and tile out of our kitchen. Went to the doctor and he gave me some Celebrex and said rest it. Ice would help too. Well, neither rest or Celebrex have made a difference. Just wondering if anyone here ever had a lingering case of tendinitis? If so, how did you get it to go away? It's killing me!!!!! Sad
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you. Buffered aspirin, cold first then mix cold/hot, and time. Can take a while to heal, and patience is usually the best medicine that I've found for tendinitis.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks EZ! Yeah, I'm probably lacking some patience. I just have so much work to do and very little time left in the day to it. It's almost like I need a clone of myself without the tendinitis. It seems like you can't hire anyone to do anything these days. It all turns out to be rushed crap. Then again, I'm kinda a perfectionist. I just feel like if your going to do something you mid as well make it look really nice.

Oh well, I just hope my arm gets better soon. I have no other choice than to rest it now. Maybe it's the big guys way of saying take a break.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had issues like that a couple of times. I want it fixed now, but the reality is that it can take 2-3 months before it really feels better. Bufferin helped and alternating heat/cold as EZ had said. What I found is after about a month of that I began to notice the pain less, and it was just an annoyance.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tendinitis Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I've been remodeling our house for the last couple months now. Now I have a wicked case of tendinitis in my forearm. It sort of came on after scraping all of the grout and tile out of our kitchen. Went to the doctor and he gave me some Celebrex and said rest it. Ice would help too. Well, neither rest or Celebrex have made a difference. Just wondering if anyone here ever had a lingering case of tendinitis? If so, how did you get it to go away? It's killing me!!!!! Sad
I have bad Carpel Tunnel Sydrome and I use a gel called Fastum which helps quite a bit.It is a anti inflammatory medicine.Try using it.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My arm has actually gotten somewhat better with just resting it. I've taken the last couple weeks off from remodeling. I just need to install a new Pella storm door before the big chill gets here. Rolling Eyes
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Pain Reply with quote

devo wrote:
My arm has actually gotten somewhat better with just resting it. I've taken the last couple weeks off from remodeling. I just need to install a new Pella storm door before the big chill gets here. Rolling Eyes
Rest is the best cure actually.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pain Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
Rest is the best cure actually.

I just got done installing the door, so I have plenty of time to rest for the entire week vacation style. That being said, I kinda have a slight case of Lowes withdraw. I really love working on stuff around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: