123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need mac mini suggestions please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruxpin810

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: need mac mini suggestions please Reply with quote

in the market for a mac mini and was gonna purchase a 2011 model but i read that the 2010 model might be better. i just found a listing for a brand new 2010 model 2.4ghz c2d 2gb ram and comes with a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse for $575, all brand new. this sounds like a really good deal to me considering the cheapest i could find for a 2011 base model with the wireless mouse and wireless keyboard was a little over $700 but i just wanted to know what you guys think. is it worth it to dish an extra $130 for the new model? thanks in advance.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even consider the 2010. Especially at that price.
Unless you have a NEED for Snow Leopard.
I wouldn't even purchase a MAc within the next week unless you NEED to.

World Wide Developers Conference is only a week away.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Apple Refurb store, the plus is these come with a standard warranty. Yes you need to add keyboard/mouse, but you have some assurance. As Bill said I'd wait to see if there is a refresh coming that might bump prices around.

$519
Refurbished Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Originally released July 2011
2GB memory

500GB hard drive

Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
HDMI port with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution
Intel HD Graphics 3000
ruxpin810

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice. i didn't even think that there's a refresh due sometime soon. and i did look in the apple refurbs and saw that one listed for $519 but after tax, it would pretty much come out to about the same as a brand new one from amazon. but yes, i'll definitely wait for a refresh before biting the bullet as i'm in no hurry. thanks again.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better processor and video card in the 2011 is worth the difference in price vs the 2010, unless an internal optical drive is important to you.
ruxpin810

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn, was hoping for a mac mini refresh today. rumors say maybe august, what do you guys think?
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruxpin810 wrote:
darn, was hoping for a mac mini refresh today. rumors say maybe august, what do you guys think?

Yeah, I have a feeling the Mac mini and iMac will be updated in early August. I think they'll want them out before back to school too.
iLife's a Bitch!
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting. You'll Suffocate. Reply with quote

In early 2007 I wanted a Mini. Everybody said the next refresh was due at any time. I waited until September 2008 and there were no new Minis. My XP computer broke which forced me to buy a different Mac for more money.

I know that we can't count on Apple to follow a regular release cycle based on past releases. Last years iPhone was released six months later than most people expected. The iMacs releases aren't regular and certainly the Mini's isn't regular. The Mac Pro is now in the same position as the Mini was in 2008, way overdue with no release date in sight.

If you know what you want and are willing to wait for it then just hang in there. If you're lucky Apple will make something that you want to own. If you're not lucky Apple will either drop the Mini or do another lackluster refresh which will make you wish you had bought something else months ago. Now that I have two functioning computers I can afford to wait a long time and see what is out next because I've got that spare just in case one breaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: