123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini (2009)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilawrence

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini (2009) Reply with quote

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB, 320 GB. Hi won a Mac Mini at a local auction. I only got the unit and the power supply. I purchased a Mini-DVI to VGA Female Monitor Cable Adapter to use with my existing monitor. I have a keyboard as well. I hooked up everything but all I get is blank screen. One time I got a message insert bootable dvd, I think. Please help a apple newbie.
Thanks
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you really need the grey System DVDs that would have come with it originally to start it up, and maybe re-install the System. However, if you haven't got them, you haven't got them.

Options:
(a) contact Apple for replacement grey startup DVDs - they need to know your exact Mac model - they're not interchangeable between models - (Apple will make a small charge - probably)

or

(b) get (eBay?) a full retail copy of something like OSX Snow Leopard to start up from that.

Put that DVD in, startup while holding "C"...
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep mooblie is right, sounds like the HD was erased before it was sold. His options for getting the OS are correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: