123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple ID password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzard73

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Apple ID password Reply with quote

Why does Apple not remember passwords? I change mine but Apple cannot remember it. I'm very careful how I enter it, but Apple NEVER REMEMBERS. I have quite a few updates that need to be installed but cannot do so. I've attempted re-booting Safari &/or Firefox and even rebooting my MAC Mini, but Apple cannot/WILL NOT remember my passwords.

2nd Issue: I seem to have a virus and/or spyware/malware problem because when I go to my dock & right click or single click on one of the icons, I get a BRIEF window but it quickly closes, not allowing me to open/quit a program. Same with "Finder." I'm almost without my MAC. I switched to MAC because of security issues w/Windows, but now wish I hadn't made the change. I've waited for years to leave Windows but now, I'm A VERY DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER.

My wife and I are both advanced computed users, but this MAC is neither user-friendly, nor practical.
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reset your password:
Startup from your grey System DVD (hold C on boot-up) and there is a menu option to reset your password.

Re: forgetting passwords:
Maybe your internal battery (CR2032 from memory?) needs replacement? How old is your mini?

And see if this applies to you "How to avoid or remove Mac Defender malware".....
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4650?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
and this "Harden your Mac against malware attacks":
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3291

Then have a look at this, in case this is how you got the malware.....
"How To Disable "Open Safe Files After Downloading" Feature In Safari"
http://browsers.about.com/od/safar1/ht/safarisafefiles.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: