123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IOGear USB BT Adapter Stopped Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletch33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: IOGear USB BT Adapter Stopped Working Reply with quote

hey all long time no posting just reading here Smile

real quick scenario to ask a question

2006 Mac Mini (upgraded from 1.6Ghz to 2.16 DC2) i believe that is what it was and what it is may have been 2.26 DC2 been to long to remember exactly.

sits behind a wall to run the conference room at work and the stock BT was not able to work well enough in this old building with thick walls and when using it the mouse was very difficult to control.

i took it apart some time ago and disconnected the BT internal and then used a USB extension cable through the wall to the conference room where i put in an IOGear BT adapter and this solved my problems.

however there was a trick i found online to make it work like turning off discoverable or something like that in order for it to work and it has stopped working and i need to get it back and i forgot the trick and where i found it.

i have looked and looked and no luck.

anyone know this trick?

thanks
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird why did you have to do that!!!!

Iogears USB bluetooth adapter is macintosh compatible i have one i use it on my g5 on my intel mac mini's both of them i have never had to hack a driver or the bluetooth device to work...

Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: