123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hidden object games ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: hidden object games ? Reply with quote

hello i am trying to find out if there are any hidden object games like Hidden Relics or Jewel Quest for linux,when i used windows i had many games like these but i cannot find any for linux,i think there is something called wine but i do not know how to use this.
Thank you.
T'hain Esh kelch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are *tons* of hidden object games for Mac. Take a look at MacGameStore.com.
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you i have some on my mac but i want some for my linux machines.
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey did you try ubuntu linux it's add software and resources section can tell you if there is any titles like that
jimcarry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you seem to have a better idea of what's going on here than anybody else in this thread, why do you think it needs to open files for read access and then immediately close them again?

Probably because the windows api is a pain in the butt and recursively walking directories is a pain. I assume what it does is listing all contents of a folder and using CreateFile to find out if the object in question is a file or a folder so it can decide if it needs to walk further down.

On another note, why would you go looking for installed games in ProgramData? Except for a few browser games, nothing really puts any files in there.

I would guess something it recognizes dumps stuff there. On my system it has a whole bunch of game related folders there. EA products in general seem to love that folder as the EA core thing is there which as far as I have seen is responsible for the DRM in Origin.
gaby

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about this? http://www.wegroup.org/hidden-object-games/between-the-worlds.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: