123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade OSX on 2007 Mac Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boehmb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Upgrade OSX on 2007 Mac Mini Reply with quote

How would I upgrade from 10.5.8 Leopard to the latest OSX? I have a 2007 Mac Mini, 2GB ram, 1.82 C2D, 80GB HD with 25 GB free, lots of programs, etc. Is there any benefit other than having the latest updates, latest Flash, Java, etc. and latest security updates? Would I take a performance hit or does Lion run faster on older equipment. Thanks.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just go from Leopard to Lion legally speaking. You'll need to upgrade to Snow Leopard first or buy the Lion USB stick. As far as performance, you should do nicely with more RAM. I wouldn't want to run Lion with 2GB. It's always good having the latest updates as well. Then you have to start thinking about Mountain Lion. I'm not sure if 2007 Mac minis will be officially supported, but it might be a nice time to upgrade you OS and system at the same time.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY
boehmb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I think I'll wait and upgrade to a new system with Mountain Lion later this year...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: