Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm Post subject: Apple Configurator 1.0.1 Released
|Apple Configurator 1.0.1 Released
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Posted by: Staff
Apple has released the Apple Configurator 1.0.1 via their Mac App Store for users looking to mass configure and deploy iOS devices in a school or business. According to the company, this update improves overall stability and performance and addresses a number of issues, including the following:
- Enterprise apps packaged as .ipa files are imported and installed correctly.
- Redemption codes for apps that contain a comma in their title can now be imported.
- A redemption code may be reused to install an app on another device if the original device is unsupervised and erased by Apple Configurator, or if the app's installation did not complete on the original device.
- The redemption code used to purchase an app in iTunes may also be used to install the app on one device with Apple Configurator.
- The number of redemption codes remaining for an app is now displayed correctly.
- Notes and bookmarks entered into iBooks and iTunes U are deleted when a backup is restored to a supervised device.
- The WPA2 password is saved when editing a Wi-Fi profile payload.
- The name of a stored backup is saved when edited.
- The storage capacity of an 8GB iPod touch is now displayed correctly.
The Apple Configurator 1.0.1 weighs in at 16MB and requires Mac OS X 10.7.2 or later.