123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Safari 5.1.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Safari 5.1.4 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Safari 5.1.4
Monday, March 12, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple has released Safari 5.1.4 for Lion and Snow Leopard via their Software Update Utility and website for direct download. According to the company, this update includes changes that:

- Improve JavaScript performance up to 11% over Safari 5.1.3.

- Improve responsiveness when typing into the search field after changing network configurations, or with an intermittent network connection.

- Address an issue that could cause webpages to flash white when switching between Safari windows.

- Address issues that prevented printing U.S. Postal Service shipping labels and embedded PDFs.

- Preserve links in PDFs saved from webpages.

- Fix an issue that could make Flash content appear incomplete after using gesture zooming.

- Fix an issue that could cause the screen to dim while watching HTML5 video.

- Improve stability, compatibility, and startup time when using extensions.

- Allow cookies set during regular browsing to be available after using Private Browsing.

- Fix an issue that could cause some data to be left behind after pressing the "Remove All Website Data" button.

Safari 5.1.4 for Lion weighs in at 44.71MB and requires Mac OS X 10.7.3. The update for Snow Leopard weighs in at 47.52MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1797.html
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Safari 5.1.4 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
- Address an issue that could cause webpages to flash white when switching between Safari windows.

I've noticed this happen before. I've also noticed that sometimes the pages get all blurry. Like after swiping back and forth on the trackpad to go back or forward a page. Has anyone else noticed this?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Safari 5.1.4 Reply with quote

devo wrote:
admin wrote:

I've noticed this happen before. I've also noticed that sometimes the pages get all blurry. Like after swiping back and forth on the trackpad to go back or forward a page. Has anyone else noticed this?

Not quite but I had pages not load at all and just be white. Never an error or anything just a blank white page. It was weird and started recently out of the blue. I'm glad they fixed the postal shipping thing. That one boggled my mind. I downloaded some adobe bloated wear crap and it still didn't work. I had to resort to something else. I thought it was the postal site not safari.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and went right back to using Chrome. I probably won't give Safari another honest look until Mountain Lion comes out.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new update acts different can't describe it really. Maybe how it loads not sure, but it's an improvement on my end. I'm getting closer to what I want out of it. Still Top sites got a little glitch now and then. Its smoother though I can already tell that. Sometimes a page gets stuck no matter what bookmark I click. It still does it I just had it happen so that's still there. I almost forgot about that problem, because i don't get it a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: