123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils New iPad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
I bought one game over. Smile I figured I better jump on it before the shipping dates get further down the road. I knew I wanted one deep down so heck with it.

That and an apple tv I could of got a new mac mini.

Surprised Very Happy

I'm waiting for the new one on that. No more spending for me for awhile. Time to kick back and enjoy my new toys.

Congrats Ray, You'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas these next 10 days. Smile
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
The phone numbers are posted. Did you try phoning?

The phones at Apple weren't even working. I finally got my online order to go through around 4:30 PM though. It took even longer to get my order confirmation. It came back at like 12:45 AM in the morning. Oh well, I'm just glad that everything went through. I'm getting the 32GB Wi-Fi + 4G on AT&T. It was expensive, but I regretted not having 3G last time around. I basically use the iPad as a laptop replacement, as it serves all my needs and more.

Congrats Ray! Which model did you get?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
I bought one game over. Smile I figured I better jump on it before the shipping dates get further down the road. I knew I wanted one deep down so heck with it.

That and an apple tv I could of got a new mac mini.

Surprised Very Happy

I'm waiting for the new one on that. No more spending for me for awhile. Time to kick back and enjoy my new toys.

Congrats Ray, You'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas these next 10 days. Smile

Thanks Bill I know. I found out some pretty good news today. My mother can get cable for internet so she will be able to enjoy my iPad 2 now. That made my day. She loves using it when she visits and probably thought she would never own one. That's cooler than getting the new iPad to me. Now I got to find her a good deal on an apple extreme base. Then eventually have her get apple tv. Very Happy

@WheelSpinners thanks I got the black 16gb wifi model. That's the one I always get sometimes I wish I got more space but I can live with that now that we got iCloud. Resale is descent too when you do the math to upgrade every year. I could see needing more space if someone were to use this for work. It's more a nice luxury to me that is hard to live without now. Like a tv, or microwave.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, I just placed an order for a 64GB 4G model 2 minutes ago.
I'm on my lunch right now. I noticed that my store only ordered 45 of the model I wanted. Guaranteed we will sell out on launch day and I'd be stuck waiting (customers get theirs first).

With the iPad 2 it took 4 months before we were able to fulfill all the back orders for the 64GB 3G model. I suspect Apple will do better this time around. Other countries will be getting theirs soon, so that's a good sign, that inventory may be better than it was with the 2.

I may keep my iPad 1 and give it to the GF. She always steals my iPad as it is. Supposedly the new iPad will broadcast a Wi-Fi hotspot. We can share my 5GB data plan when we go for coffee. Often we sit in the truck, have a coffee and surf the net.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray, I just placed an order for a 64GB 4G model 2 minutes ago.
I'm on my lunch right now. I noticed that my store only ordered 45 of the model I wanted. Guaranteed we will sell out on launch day and I'd be stuck waiting (customers get theirs first).

With the iPad 2 it took 4 months before we were able to fulfill all the back orders for the 64GB 3G model. I suspect Apple will do better this time around. Other countries will be getting theirs soon, so that's a good sign, that inventory may be better than it was with the 2.

I may keep my iPad 1 and give it to the GF. She always steals my iPad as it is. Supposedly the new iPad will broadcast a Wi-Fi hotspot. We can share my 5GB data plan when we go for coffee. Often we sit in the truck, have a coffee and surf the net.

Congrats that would be great on the go. Sounds like good times with GF. I normally sell my iPad but I figured life is short might as well give a little this time around.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys! I bet next week is going to seem like three weeks for ya'll. See, I'm already picking up a southern accent. Laughing

I'm surprised to hear that you are getting the top model Bandit. I don't blame you though. The hot spot functionality should be great too. I read that Verizon is doing the same on this side of the border. I mean, having it included in the regular price.

Man o man. I would love to have some spare cash to buy one, but we just have too much going on. You'll have to let me know what you think of the screen Bandit. I'm really anxious to hear about it from users like our self.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I'm surprised to hear that you are getting the top model Bandit.

I only have 12GB free on my 64GB iPad 1. I keep all my music on it (35GB). Of course I don't have to, but I'd rather just use the device without the need to manage the device. I use the 3G feature every day, for an hour at lunch. At first I didn't think I would use it, but I wouldn't go without it (I don't have a smartphone). With iMessage built into the iPad, I don't even turn my cell phone on anymore unless I'm making a call.

I'm looking forward to seeing the screen on the new iPad as well. Currently the only Mac with more pixels is the 27" iMac and it has about 5 times the surface area of an iPad.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will iPad 2 cases basically fit the new iPad? I'm looking around for a folio style case that will fit and protect my baby from the get-go.
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasshopper wrote:
Will iPad 2 cases basically fit the new iPad? I'm looking around for a folio style case that will fit and protect my baby from the get-go.

Folio cases are not very form fitting. You will be fine with any folio style case made for the iPad 2.

I'll be trying out a bunch of moulded form fitting cases when the new iPad arrives.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Folio cases are not very form fitting. You will be fine with any folio style case made for the iPad 2.

I'll be trying out a bunch of moulded form fitting cases when the new iPad arrives.

I tend to like the folio case with the more sculpted look or even with the form fitting backs, but they should work. The hard candy shell cases for the back might be problematic though. Seeing that most of them were sculpted to the back and wrap around the edges. The softer rubber/silicon ones for the back should have enough play in them to stretch that extra millimeter. At least that's what I'm thinking.
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
YesHD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the 32GB Wi-Fi + 4G from Verizon today. but it's been pushed back to March 19th for shipping. I probably should have ordered one right away. I just wasn't sure which model to go with at the time. I originally planned on going with the 16GB Wi-Fi. Then I started thinking about the storage with a 5MP camera and taking movies. I was already going to be pushing 16GB with music and apps. 64GB would have even been better, but I couldn't justify the price. I think having the 4G will also be nice. I probably won't subscribe to a data plan every month though. Just for traveling and occasional road trips.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I need to decide, but I am itching to feast my eyes on the new display. It must be gorgeous. My only fear is that the colors look way over saturated.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YesHD wrote:
I probably won't subscribe to a data plan every month though. Just for traveling and occasional road trips.

That's what I thought I would do as well, but I've kept it going for almost a year now, but I don't have an iPhone.
I personally love having 3G. 4G LTE will be amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: