123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Holding Media Event on March 7th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
It's going to be fun next week. I'm more excited about the iPad 3 than any other hardware release in a long time.

I'm excited to see the iPad 3 display. It will almost have the same number of pixels as the 27" iMac.

Because there has been so much rumored about the iPad 3, I'm actually more curious as to what is happening with Apple TV. My store has not been able to receive stock since Christmas.

On another interesting note, we are now having difficulty sourcing Smart Covers for the iPad 2. This lead me to believe it will be discontinued rather than made available at a lower price.

Rumors have have already been floating around about, no change in pricing on the 3's.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think a new iMac will be announced? It's been 306 days since the last release. On average a new iMac is released every 273 days.

The iPad 3 has been getting all the limelight.

Anybody hoping for a new iMac? I am! I'd at least love to hear about an amazing change to come for desktops as well.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Anybody hoping for a new iMac? I am! I'd at least love to hear about an amazing change to come for desktops as well.

I would like to see more flavor in their offerings. How many years now has their lineup consisted of Minis, MacBooks, iMacs and Mac Pros? Sure there have been many upgrades and variations along the way, but it just seems to me there is something missing there. Something between the Mini and Pro. I guess thats a way to keep things simple - you either get the 'bargain' Mini that lets users bring all their own peripherals but is somewhat limited on upgrade ease, you get a great looking monitor in the iMac and have everything needed to get up-and-running in 1 box, but not everyone wants an all-in-one. Or you get super flexibility and power, but pay heavily for it. I guess if anyone wants more than this, there is always the Hackintosh route, but this brings its own set of issues.
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we will see a redesign of the MacPro that offers a happy medium. I agree it is a big jump from a mini to a pro. Many people in this segment are your typically PC user. A lot more people would be open to replacing their tower with a Mac tower if there was an in between model.

As I said a bit earlier, I'm more excited to see the one more thing than I am the IPad 3 as it is pretty much a given at this point.
mdgm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Does anyone think a new iMac will be announced?

No. Ivy Bridge CPUs are not available yet, maybe next month at the earliest. Doubt a Mac would be released at this event. The only Mac that might get updated this month would be the Mac Pro.
2011 Mini Server
NAS - 10 x ReadyNAS units
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: