123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall mount 2010/2011 Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Wall mount 2010/2011 Mac mini Reply with quote

We've been moving into our house, remodeling and painting this week. I'm in the process of mounting a 42" TV on the wall in our master bedroom. It's in the corner and I'm looking to mount a 2010 Mac mini behind it. I don't care if I have access to the optical, never really use it anyways. Does anyone know of cheap wall mount made exactly for the 2010/2011 Mac mini? This DirectTV box is being mounted on the back of the TV with velcro. It's really lightweght. The Mac mini mount would go to the left of the top hole. I have a stud right there. I would like it to go vertical up against the wall.

It should look nice when it's done. Everything will be hidden and I have caps for the holes from work.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://h-sq.com/products/minimount/index.html

It's not cheap but it looks good.

If you really want to save money, you could mount the mini with the velcro as well. You could put a screw through the piece that adheres to the wall for piece of mind.

I haven't taken the base off of a new mini, but why not take a look and see if you can drill a couple of holes in the base and pretty much make the same thing as the h-sq mount. Obviously you will use your discretion with flush screw choices, if this is an option.

I'd personally go the velcro route.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that looks nice. Ouch on the price though. I just have too many other things going to drop $60 on a mount. Velcro with screws will probably work too. I just don't want it to fall.

I not crazy about going through the base, but that's a good idea. I just like to keep my Macs in good shape. Their proceeds almost always to towards my next purchase and upgrade. I even keep all the boxes, manuals and crap. Did I say crap? I meant stickers. Laughing

I might look around for a replacement base though. If any of you parts experts out there know of one on the cheap, link me up.

Okay, back to work...

Hope all is well Bandit!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out! Someone at work is going to bend me one out of aluminium. I just to bring my Mac mini in and he's going to take some measurements with a caliper. I'll try to post another picture when I done.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Check this out! Someone at work is going to bend me one out of aluminium. I just to bring my Mac mini in and he's going to take some measurements with a caliper. I'll try to post another picture when I done.

That will be cool to see. I look forward to it.
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floating shelves don't hold a lot of weight. I made some for dylan's room that can.

I found a pair in The Home Depot $10 for a box of two. There behind the display.

About the same size as the mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: