123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating Bootable Backup Disk with Lion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCWalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Creating Bootable Backup Disk with Lion Reply with quote

I just brought home a new i5 2.7 ghz mini with Lion. I cannot find a way to make a backup DVD for Lion. Every topic on this subject over the internet pertains to a download of Lion from the App store but they do not give instructions about how to backup Lion with a computer that comes with it.

Any ideas?
eigafan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 Mac minis will not boot from a DVD. They have Lion Recovery (Recovery HD or Internet Recovery) pre-installed. Another option is to create a Lion Recovery Disk Assistant on a USB flash drive (1 GB or larger) for times when you don't have access to the internet.

You could clone your internal HD via Carbon Cloner or SuperDuper! to an external HD as an alternative to a Time Machine backup.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/08/lion-recovery-disk-assistant-tool-makes-external-lion-boot-recovery-drives/
WCWalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess I'll get a USB flash drive backup then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: