123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion! Help! Macbook Pro Purchase
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Congrats on your MBP purchase from B&H. I've bought a good deal from them over the years. More so than J&R cause of the service and store itself. It also sounds like you got a good deal, so you can't beat that.

I've actually been thinking about getting a case from Speck too. My concerns though are with heat dissipation and possible scratches from any shifting or dirt getting trapped. I don't know if those are really even valid concerns, but I want to look into them more. I do think black would be my choice of colors. Red and clear are in the back of my mind as well. I also haven't decided between the satin or clear. The satin supposedly has more grip for carrying, so that's the early lean.

Heat is not an issue with the Speck cases. Apple notebooks vent from behind the keyboard. Speck cases in no way impede the airflow as they do not cover this area. Yes they cover the aluminum which of course acts as a heat sync, but the have added some vent slots on the bottom piece.
In my opinion Speck cases to not add to your Macbook running any hotter.

The satin finish is definitely grippier than the non-satin cases. In addition the cases give your Macbook more grip on the table surface. The rubber feet on the case are tackier than the MacBook Pro feet.

I'm a big fan of these cases. They look good, they help personalize your MBP and they protect it even while in use. You can throw your notebook in any case or bag and not have to worry about it getting scratched up or even worse, dented.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy bought both the Incase & the Speck. He prefers the Speck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBYgKeYo7X0&feature=relmfu
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: