123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new business adventure - looking for feedback

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: My new business adventure - looking for feedback Reply with quote

So, I've been gone for a long time, much has changed in my life but, not with my love of Mac Mini's or Mac's in general. (Just so you know Wink )

Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback on my new business and website. Gimme the good, bad and ugly. I have thick skin, so I can take it.

SEO, graphics, layout, everything. I'm all ears!

www.wearesavvysavers.com

Thanks in advance!
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3236
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, it just looks like one of those scam sites that pop under whatever you are looking at.

SC
_________________
Grumpy old man of computing.

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5985
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against the business, but it would be something I'd be more interested in looking into for free. No matter how good the offer. I'd never give a site like this more than 2 seconds of my time, never mind my money. You got 2 minutes of my time only because it's your site hackersmovie.

I'd rather see advertising (which you've stated you are against) and access the tips for free. In fact, present me with ad links/coupons to the very products I'm interested in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm not against the business, but it would be something I'd be more interested in looking into for free. No matter how good the offer. I'd never give a site like this more than 2 seconds of my time, never mind my money. You got 2 minutes of my time only because it's your site hackersmovie.

I'd rather see advertising (which you've stated you are against) and access the tips for free. In fact, present me with ad links/coupons to the very products I'm interested in.


Excellent feed back Bandit! Thank you...
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Posts: 4574
Location: Howell NJ USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY HARD to get 50 bucks a pop. You need a hook.

Something like after 5 minutes reading the first news letter you will give them a deal on apple computer or whatever. For instance here is an ebay seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-APPLE-COUPON-GIFT-CARD-FREE-SHIPPING-/110749113941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9295e55#ht_500wt_1147


he wants 59 bucks for 100 dollar coupon. well the deal is better then it looks. apple charges tax in most states my state (NJ) is 7% so that coupon saves 7 more in tax or 107 on a mac mini. if you pay 59 dollars you save 48 dollars not 41 dollars. It also allows you to buy in the apple refurbished store. If you show them a fast easy testable savings you may get more customers. Good luck!
_________________
2010 Mm 2.4 C2D oem 320gb hdd 8gb ram
2012Mm base 2.5 with 16gb ram diy fusion drive
2012Mm quad with 8gb ram oem 1tb hdd

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philiparcario wrote:
VERY HARD to get 50 bucks a pop. You need a hook.

Something like after 5 minutes reading the first news letter you will give them a deal on apple computer or whatever. For instance here is an ebay seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-APPLE-COUPON-GIFT-CARD-FREE-SHIPPING-/110749113941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9295e55#ht_500wt_1147


he wants 59 bucks for 100 dollar coupon. well the deal is better then it looks. apple charges tax in most states my state (NJ) is 7% so that coupon saves 7 more in tax or 107 on a mac mini. if you pay 59 dollars you save 48 dollars not 41 dollars. It also allows you to buy in the apple refurbished store. If you show them a fast easy testable savings you may get more customers. Good luck!


The videos are only $4.99 ea. and they all include printable materials for download - that's my main focus, the seminars are normally $9.99 for inperson or webinar attendees. I raised the price temporarily to discourage the seminars but, will be holding more soon. They did well and attendance was good. Just trying to secure the next venue.

Thanks for the input!
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3098
Location: North West - UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hackers, good to see you back

One business model that I've seen that has worked well is Don McAllister's at ScreencastsOnline. A show every week, with one a month being free, the other shows are available on a subscription basis. This gives people a look at whats on offer via the free shows with more available for a fee. On the weeks that are subscription shows a teaser trailer is offered on the free stream.

Obviously if you did something similar you would have to work out what you give free and whats held back, and would also have to look at the frequency of the freebies so the subscription looks a viable option.
_________________
Phil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Hi Hackers, good to see you back

One business model that I've seen that has worked well is Don McAllister's at ScreencastsOnline. A show every week, with one a month being free, the other shows are available on a subscription basis. This gives people a look at whats on offer via the free shows with more available for a fee. On the weeks that are subscription shows a teaser trailer is offered on the free stream.

Obviously if you did something similar you would have to work out what you give free and whats held back, and would also have to look at the frequency of the freebies so the subscription looks a viable option.


Nice idea! I do have 1min "clips" that I put together of each one, maybe I could just post the clips videos on the actual video page so they could get a "taste" of it....
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3098
Location: North West - UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess with your business the content is going to be changing weekly as new offers appear etc. You really could model it a lot like Don's even going as far as producing a weekly video podcast which you release on a password protected members feed. You also run a Free feed for the trailers and the occasional free show. Don also has a password protected members area, which is where you could have the downloads etc. Membership also gives you access to all of the previous videos either through the podcast feed (i.e. iTunes) or via the members area. Once you have a enough video's that itself becomes an appealing reason to subscribe. Your only problem with offers are they are time limited, but with things like the advice on how to buy a car thats would be useful to new subscribers regardless of when you released it.

Check out Don's site for an look at how he does it. www.screencastsonline.com

He also releases his freebies on a youtube channel.

The only issue with yours, is how quickly would run out of new material ?
_________________
Phil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I guess with your business the content is going to be changing weekly as new offers appear etc. You really could model it a lot like Don's even going as far as producing a weekly video podcast which you release on a password protected members feed. You also run a Free feed for the trailers and the occasional free show. Don also has a password protected members area, which is where you could have the downloads etc. Membership also gives you access to all of the previous videos either through the podcast feed (i.e. iTunes) or via the members area. Once you have a enough video's that itself becomes an appealing reason to subscribe. Your only problem with offers are they are time limited, but with things like the advice on how to buy a car thats would be useful to new subscribers regardless of when you released it.

Check out Don's site for an look at how he does it. www.screencastsonline.com

He also releases his freebies on a youtube channel.

The only issue with yours, is how quickly would run out of new material ?


Thanks for the insights Cypher!

The business model is this:

There are 1,000's of websites that offer "free" information and/or you can attend 'free' seminars country wide

HOWEVER,

many people either get confused by the plethora of websites and conflicting information or simply do not have the time to go to a semiar

I'm fixing those problems!

I scour 1,000's of websites and consolidate the information on my site PLUS, I offer my seminars via Webinar! (you can attend in person as well)

Then, for those that don't have the time for either of those, I produce a video of the seminar, fully narrated and with downloadable class materials, so people can watch from the comfort of their own home!

PLUS! - we do more than just couponing, we'll show you the right way to purchase a new or pre-owned vehicle and save THOUSANDS of dollars or just plan a cost saving family vacation -

People, now more than ever, NEED TO SAVE money - for a very small fee (videos are $4.99 USD and live semiars are $9.99 USD) I can show them how to save thousands of dollars a year.

Would you trade $5 for $1,000? Easy decision.
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5385
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will take a look-see and report back Hackman! It sure is nice to see you though! Getting ready for Christmas yet? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 3173
Location: Maryland, U.S.A

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Will take a look-see and report back Hackman! It sure is nice to see you though! Getting ready for Christmas yet? Laughing


you know me all too well....


Already started!! LMAO!!! Laughing
_________________
Digital Marketing For Small Business
Digital Marketing Forum
Mac Repairs & Upgrades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.