123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipod touch 2g Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerbouchard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Ipod touch 2g Issue Reply with quote

Just bought a broke 16g ipod touch. 20 bucks figured I would try to get it working. Ipod connects to wifi goes to internet. Try to play ANY video and get "This movie could not be played". Syncs with itunes. When I try to play a song it starts then switches to pause then goes back to song list screen? Any magic unicorn dust to fix this? Everything seems to work but playing media.
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a software/system problem rather than hardware. Can you do a complete software factory reset?

How did the seller describe the fault?
kerbouchard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That it would not download stuff. Which is not true. I synced and loaded songs they just wont play. Yeah I did a restore through itunes. I put it into recovery mode then ran a restore still wont play. I agree seems like a software issue. I was hoping I was just missing a level of magic apple diagnostics.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can suggest something kinda weird but it might work.....

Jailbreak the iPod touch then reinstall the stock o.s the jailbreak has the command before first startup to clear the iPod's cache folder once you reinstall the stock o.s that folder will be good as new and it should function.

There is only one issue you need to know how to remove a jailbreak without damaging a iPod touch
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine went a bit daft with the first iOS4 update and became completely unstable. I ended up jail breaking it to return it to normality. Later iOS updates have been ok though and it's no longer jail broken.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing i did the iOS 4 update first update went bonkers installed jailbreak and then installed the later updates which fixed everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: