123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Capsule Set Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winston1888

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Time Capsule Set Up Reply with quote

Hi, i'm looking for a little advise regarding back ups.
I have just bought ma first Macs, a 160Gb late 2009 mini used mainly as a music server for itunes. I have a seperate 650GB hard drive which stores all my audio files, nothing is stored on the mac as the volume has already exceeded the 160GB.
I'd considering buying 2 1TB drives and storing all the music on these. Is it possible for time capsule to back up 1 HDD to another or does the primary drive have to be the minis internal drive. I'll be using a firewire drive to connect the mini. Ideally the drives would be firewire or USB powered as i'm running out of power points and itunes defaulting to the macs internal drive when the HDD isnt powered up is in a nuisance.
To complicate thing slightly i have just bough a new 500Gb imac which is used for general computing and storing photographs, video, etc. This is also backed up by a external hard dive and time capsule seems to be operating ok on this sytem. my second question is should i consider a wireless network drive to back up both macs or is it better to keep them completely seperate.
Am i on the right track or is there a simpler solution i'm too dumb to see?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: