123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppleTV: Solution for Samsung TV's not correctly displaying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: AppleTV: Solution for Samsung TV's not correctly displaying Reply with quote

Ok if you purchased a Apple TV and you have a samsung tv and noticed that your 10.00 cable isn't up to snuff for your tv there is a solution.

This problem Has come up a lot recently garbled images scrambled menu's several people thought oh my apple tv is faulty but it isn't the case.

There isn't anything wrong with a 10.00 HDMI cable i have several and use them myself however in order to keep up with the apple tv and the hi-speed hdmi ports on a samsung tv the 10.00 is not a option at all. In fact it will pop sound. video will skip. and worse you will get graphic anomalies.

Solution to this..

Look for a high speed HDMI Cable there a little bit more money at 29.99 for a two pack from fred meyer stores made by GE. but are fully functional with the apple tv.

Look for these requirements on your hdmi cable package.

. 3d compatible

. HDMI ethernet compatible

. 1080p (I know overkill considering that the apple tv only displays in 720p)

I found no problems with cheaper cables if they support these items because if they support these items they are high speed cables that work with both HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: