123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early 09 mac mini does not support airdrop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Early 09 mac mini does not support airdrop Reply with quote

That is all. Mine doesn't seems rediculous it has wifi in it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4783
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason is you need a wireless n adapter the latest adapter in the mini is a n+ adapter so you might be outta luck
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea there saying you need to upgrade your wireless card i tried different forums they say you need a compatible wifi card which you can purchase a new card but you have to purchase a replacement card from one of the models listed at apples web site
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I actually thought mine had that built in. I may upgrade to the new mini or iMac. Not sure yet I still love this one it's a bit buggy with Lion, but that may be a software issue. I think it will turn out to be a nice smooth OS in the long haul. Its funny sometimes when I am in mission control, and click on a window and there are two there. They collide and bounce off each other. It's weird and then I click on the window again it comes to the front to view on top. Like nothing ever happened business as usual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: