123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Part Numbers for New Mac Minis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I probably should have waited to buy a new Mac mini. Still in the market for a 27" LED ACD though. And just my luck, I read on Engadget that they may be updated soon too with Thunderbolt. Throw that on top of Lion and this could be an exciting week or two. Cool

I don't understand your post. The iMacs were updated about 6 weeks ago. The update included Thunderbolt. Are you referring to a Thunderbolt update to the mini?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I don't understand your post. The iMacs were updated about 6 weeks ago. The update included Thunderbolt. Are you referring to a Thunderbolt update to the mini?

I don't follow the rumor sites that much, but the Mac mini is supposed to get a Thunderbolt port from what I've read. They also mentioned on Engadget about a new 27" LED Cinema coming with a Thunderbolt port.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/17/apple-leaks-cinema-display-refresh-teases-dual-monitor-thunderb/
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

I don't follow the rumor sites that much, but the Mac mini is supposed to get a Thunderbolt port from what I've read. They also mentioned on Engadget about a new 27" LED Cinema coming with a Thunderbolt port.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/17/apple-leaks-cinema-display-refresh-teases-dual-monitor-thunderb/

My mistake. I was thinking iMacs, instead of the Apple Cinema Display (as you clearly indicated). The 27" part scrambled my brain.

I gotcha. Wink

For sure. I wouldn't buy the current 27" ACD without Thunderbolt (unless there was a nice price drop on the current model).

Personally at this point, I'm a much bigger fan of the iMacs than the Mac mini. Even though I've enjoyed my 20" ACD since 2005 and I have been through 2 mini's, perhaps it will be used on a 3rd. The iMacs are pretty sweet machines. They are a much cleaner design and offer better value than the mini. Perhaps a new updated mini will change my mind, but you can get a 27" refurb iMac for $1269. A refurb 27" ACD is $849. A new 27" ACD is $999, $1099 in Canada. You can't get much of a mini for $269 - $420 plus you still need a keyboard and a mouse. I'm just saying. The mini is seriously in need of an update and perhaps a price reduction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: