123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand [U]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand [U] Reply with quote

Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand
Monday, July 11, 2011
Posted by: Staff

Apple today released updates for iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand through the Mac App Store and via their Software Update Utility. According to the company, the iPhoto 9.1.5 update supports general compatibility issues, and also addresses overall stability and performance. Minor issues addressed include:

- The date range of each event now updates correctly to reflect changes made to photos using the Adjust Time and Date command.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Photos view to scroll incorrectly when Event Titles are displayed.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent Ken Burns animations from being applied correctly on photos in a saved Classic slideshow.
- Deleting photos from a web album using the contextual menu now removes them from the album without deleting them from the library.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent a crop adjustment from being removed from a photo when using the Revert to Original command.

The iPhoto 9.1.5 update weighs in at 220.83MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.

The iMovie 9.0.4 update improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues, including the following:

- Support for opening projects imported from iMovie for iOS.
- Fixes an issue where some audio adjustments were not preserved.
- Addresses a performance issue when using large quantities of video clips with keywords.
- Resolves issue with slow application launch when working with large iPhoto libraries.

The iMovie 9.0.4 update weighs in at 76.20MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later.

And last but not least, the GarageBand 6.0.4 update supports general compatibility issues, and addresses overall stability and performance issues including the following:

- Fixes an issue with the GarageBand Lesson Store not completing single or multiple lesson downloads.
- Corrects issues with some tempo-based effects falling out of sync with main song tempo.
- Resolves problems with Magic GarageBand project files not opening up correctly in the GarageBand tracks view.

The GarageBand 6.0.4 update weighs in at 53.72MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.

[Update] Apple also released iDVD 7.1.2 and iWeb 3.0.4 this afternoon.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1654.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to iPhoto 9.1.4? I was all up to date and sitting on 9.1.3. They just jumped to 9.1.5? Confused
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an iWeb update. Shocked
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked as well considering iWeb is now i junk thanks to apple pulling mobile me and going to i cloud really sucks we lose are webpages and gallery.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused, why are they updating the older iLife 09 apps, Aren't these replaced by the iLife 11 suite of iMovie and iPhoto? are they getting these older ones ready for Lion or something?
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well If you have a 2009 mini you have 09 iLife unless you purchased 11 iLife later.

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but why are they updating the older versions? usually updates are named and applied to the newest version. I must be missing something. I see my iPhoto 9 is vers 8.15 or so.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
I know, but why are they updating the older versions? usually updates are named and applied to the newest version. I must be missing something. I see my iPhoto 9 is vers 8.15 or so.

Did you get updates for iLife '09 in SU? I haven't checked, but these updates appear to be for iLife '11. I just wondered cause I'm still running iLife '09 on an older Mac mini. It sounds plausible they would want them updated for Lion too though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: