123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will The 2011 IPod Touch Get An A5 Chip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Will The 2011 IPod Touch Get An A5 Chip? Reply with quote

Will the 2011 iPod Touch get an A5 chip? If it does, what will it mean for the iPod Touch? Will Apple make more of its programs available to it that are running on the iPad now? Certainly it would have the power with that chip.

I would like Garage Band for the iPod Touch if nothing else. Better cameras would be good.

If Apple doesn't upgrade the chip would they give it more storage to make it more appealing? Would they just lower the price and keep the same amount of storage?

Has Apple ever not upgraded the iPod Touch on a yearly basis?

I'll definitely have the money for an iPad or iPod Touch by September, so this is the year I get one or the other. No matter which one it is, I'll not get a 3G version. I think having a separate 3G MiFi or similar device would serve me better since it could be upgraded much cheaper than an iPad or iPod Touch as newer connectivity options become available.

Smallwheels
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
belder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right. I have a 3d generation Touch with no cameras. I carry a Kodak Zi8 with me which has an amazing picture. I've been hoping for the same cameras or better than on the iPhone. I'd like to carry one device. I hardly ever use a cell phone. (Go phone) I wish AT&T had never taken away the option to use iPhone as a pay as you go.
T'hain Esh kelch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on how much heat the A5 gives off, and how much power it uses. There's room for quite a bigger battery in the iPad, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But since dual core processors are the new big thing, I would be surprised if at least the iPhone doesn't get it.
taylorm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear about this, any idea when the new ipod will launch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: