123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveiling Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud at WWDC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Apple Unveiling Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud at WWDC Reply with quote

Apple Unveiling Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud at WWDC
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Posted by: Glenn

Apple announced today that Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote address on Monday, June 6th at 10:00 a.m in the morning. At the keynote, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS X; iOS 5, the next version of Apple's advanced mobile operating system which powers the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch; and iCloud, Apple's upcoming cloud services offering.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1629.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited about Lion! Snow Leopard (even though it's been great) was sort of a yawner of an upgrade. Widgets and an updated notification system for iOS 5 please. I can't wait to hear the skinny on iCloud. I like the idea of them scanning your music and allowing you to listen to your tracks on any device. Uploading and building your library on Amazon's service (which is actually really nice in theory) is just a royal pain the butt. It's also very time consuming.
iLife's a Bitch!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems strange to me that Apple would announce iCloud in advance of the event. It's exciting, but I can't remember that happening before with a new product. Like even down to the name of the product or service.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give me an all you can eat streaming music service for $9.99 a month and I'm there. Add movies and TV shows in for another $14.95 to $19.95 a month and I'm really there. Then I shall call Comcast and tell them to stick it. Very Happy
NRecob

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically the Apple OS's have always been available the day they've been announced right? [I'm a fairly recent defector from windoze--I remember waiting anxiously to get my first retail Leopard OS disc when it came out--I saw the line @ the Apple store (!) and ran over to Best Buy to get it (no line!)].

Anyway, presuming Lion is available on the 6th I'm going to see if I can get the retail disc--downloading it from the App Store on roll out day will surely be a PITA (overloaded servers (!), having to buy DL DVD's, burning it etc etc).

--
Quote:
...Then I shall call Comcast and tell them to stick it.

I had that pleasure last year after I bought my Roku box Smile I miss Comcast like I miss IRS Audits Wink
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
Like even down to the name of the product or service.

I think most of us already knew it was going to be called iCloud after it was made public they had purchased the domain name.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all though im happy for apple im not upgrading to lion i am kinda mad that apple is pulling rosetta out of lion and forcing people to purchase new and more expensive software instead of keeping there customers happy and worse i feel sorry for anyone who has a first generation intel core 2 duo as intel has announced it won't support lion which means millions of apple costumers are going to have to purchase new laptops or hack the ones they have in order to run the o.s

Several machines are affected by this problem.

including mac mini's and even imac's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: