123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Power of Observation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: The Power of Observation Reply with quote

Take the test and post your score. It's a test on 25 things you might see everyday. A friend of mine sent it to me today.

http://www.oldjoeblack.0nyx.com/thinktst.htm

16/25 for me.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially 19/25. However some of the questions are purely based on what the test maker has at their disposal.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Officially 19/25. However some of the questions are purely based on what the test maker has at their disposal.

SC

Definitely, like the "how many hotdogs buns in a package of hotdogs."

18 for me. Some of them that I got wrong, I was thinking, I knew that after the fact Smile
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16/25. I can't believe I missed the one about paperclips. Embarassed
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 19 out of 25. Missing the colors of a soup can comes to mind as one that I missed.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the questions I got wrong was the one about the blinds. I know without looking that I answered correctly, but I'm guessing the authors just looked at their blinds.

Another question was the one about lugs on a car. I think I've taken this test before but the answers where different on that one. Many cars have four per wheel. Many cars have five per wheel. The LeCar had three per wheel. I picked four that time(since more of the cars I've owned had four rather than five), and it was wrong, when either four or five would have been right.

SC

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25/25
Also, who still has a VHF TV with dial? I've not seen one in roughly 6 years and that was at my grandma's house!
Some of those need better clarification sch as how you're looking at it and some are variable.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Another question was the one about lugs on a car. I think I've taken this test before but the answers where different on that one. Many cars have four per wheel. Many cars have five per wheel. The LeCar had three per wheel. I picked four that time(since more of the cars I've owned had four rather than five), and it was wrong, when either four or five would have been right

I've owned more with five, but I hear you. And hey, don't forget about F1 and Indy cars with one. Cool

Did you own a LeCar? How did you know about that one offhand?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Did you own a LeCar? How did you know about that one offhand?

When I head out on highway trips West of my city, there is a LeCar parked on an acreage. It's been there for years. I laugh at it every time I drive by.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
When I head out on highway trips West of my city, there is a LeCar parked on an acreage. It's been there for years. I laugh at it every time I drive by.

Don't laugh too hard Bandit. I might start looking around for one this summer if the price of gas keeps going up. I could be wrong, but didn't they get some insane mileage numbers? Like in the 50 mpg range.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just one of those things I remember from my college days!

You might be better off looking for a Honda Civic CRX HF than a LeCar.

SC

Make sure it has pins!
taylorm

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 need to improve Razz
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylorm wrote:
15 need to improve Razz

Perhaps this is a good thing. Maybe you would be successful at tasks where the focus needs to be on the overall picture vs. the finer details.
taylorm

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
taylorm wrote:
15 need to improve Razz

Perhaps this is a good thing. Maybe you would be successful at tasks where the focus needs to be on the overall picture vs. the finer details.

Yeah, Thank you for the encouraging words!
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
One of the questions I got wrong was the one about the blinds. I know without looking that I answered correctly, but I'm guessing the authors just looked at their blinds.

Another question was the one about lugs on a car. I think I've taken this test before but the answers where different on that one. Many cars have four per wheel. Many cars have five per wheel. The LeCar had three per wheel. I picked four that time(since more of the cars I've owned had four rather than five), and it was wrong, when either four or five would have been right.

SC

You're right. Some of these things that the author thinks has a standard actually do not. Blinds can be either side and they are customizable. Lug nuts vary depending on manufacturer and wheel size. I've got three vehicles, one has four, one has five, and one has six. And who really inspects soup can labels to see what colors are on them? Just because the author's left arm swings with his right leg doesn't mean it is so for everyone. Some people may not even know the difference between VHF and UHF on a television - I haven't seen one of those in many years. All my fans rotate either clockwise OR counterclockwise depending on how I want the air to move. And if he wants to talk about hot dog bun standards, why is there not a standard between hot dog and hot dog bun counts per package? There should be like a national council on this or something that regulates this to ensure that hot dogs and hot dog buns come with the same amount of each in the packages. What is this eight and ten count crap?
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: