123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBP 13" vs 15"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remnate

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: MBP 13" vs 15" Reply with quote

Has anyone seen benchmark tests between the 2.7 dual core i7 13" MBP and the 15" 2.0 quad core i7?

I'll likely be getting one within a month, but I'm not entirely sure I want to spring the extra $300 for the 15" if the performance differences aren't truly significant. However, it might be worth it for the dual video cards and the larger screen...
2Gig Ram
edgardito

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about to do the same thing within this month...
I am still waiting for a 15" model to appear on the Refurbish, but no 2011 models yet.

I wonder where do you plan to but it. My budget is about $1600, so I want to get it as cheap as possible. I was thinking on MacMall, which offers it for under $1699 (accessing through a link on appleinsider.com). I am pretty sure I will upgrade the memory to 8GB (on MacSales.com), and probably a 128GB SSD (removing the installed SuperDrive and installing a Caddy) for OS and Apps (I have a 64GB Crucial SSD on my Mini and it is FAST!), It has been two years since I bought it and it still launches apps faster than last year MacBookPro 13" with 8GB Ram and a 7200RpmHD.

The thing that made me decide for the 15" model was the HyperThreading QuadCore. I need to run Windows on WmWare Fusion all the time since I work developing software for PCs. I guess a full throttle Quad Core will give me the horse power I need to keep two OSs running all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: