123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 problems - Broken RAM module & Snow Leopard not loadin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivan77

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: 2 problems - Broken RAM module & Snow Leopard not loadin Reply with quote

I have 2 problems:

I got Mac Mini (late 2009 model, 2,26ghz, 2gb) upgraded from 2GB to 4GB from this Apple Premium Reseller (http://www.stormfront.co.uk/). When I got it back and switched it on and immediately got 3 beeps which indicated bad ram or logic board. The y took it back and said they sent it to their workshop in Exeter and fixed it. When I switched it on I still got 3 beeps. Took it back to the shop they said don't what to do and get the workshop to ring me back on Monday. At this point I'm fuming!!! So I decided to take apart the Mac MIni myself. Upon discovery that one of the memory modules is broken, I bent the bit metal back and it seems to ok after hardware tests and is working now. What can I do about this? I honestly did not break this and know it was the shop but how I van prove this? What would be done about a replacement as I have no longer sold, would I get a discount on brand new mac mini?

As mentioned above that I took it apart I cant load up Snow Leopard, I just get the Apple logo plus the spinning wheel I can hear some hard drive activity but does nothing ( I left it for 20 mins). I then booted from the SNow Leopard and ran disk verify it came up with errors and said to format and restore, which I have done via Time Machine. But I still get the Apple plus spinning wheel. I know the hard rive ok now because I can boot into Windows via bootcamp. So what I should do?

Any help would be appreciated.
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell the reseller they have not fixed to machine.
tell them you want to return it for full credit.
tell them you will buy a new sealed machine from them.
don't mention anything at all about opening the machine. Remember the problem started with them so don't give them any extra info that they may use against you.

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
ivan77

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

I've now got the mac up and running as it should and no problems so far. So not sure how I can approach the reseller to tell them its not fixed, becuase I know they broke the clip not me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: