123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuentecigar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Windows Reply with quote

I am going to rant. I got my first computer at the age of 51. It was a Mac. So, I started off ahead. I recently was required to use a Windows unit that my sister gave me to due to a couple of amateur radio programs. This stuff is unusable! I can not believe that this is what the majority of computer users, use. Is this really true?. This is what is wrong with America, today. You can sell anything to anybody. Windows is what the American public has been sold. Well, end of rant.

Last edited by fuentecigar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said about Windows, but in my eyes Bill Gates has redeemed himself in recent years with the charity work he and his wife have been doing.

He has taken his ill gotten gains and used a significant portion of them for worthwhile causes.

Maybe I'm able to forgive Mr Gates because I don't ever have to use Winders anymore and my memories of the pain and suffering have started to fade.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's usable if you know how to hack and manipulate it.

OS X is unusable if you are a linux power user, it's too damn simplistic compared to the abilities of Fedora or CentOS, they can be modified and fine tuned very well, currently the only place where any linux distro is lacking is power saving simply because of lack of funding and possibly patent issues.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: