123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Wins Macworld's Editors' Choice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Wins Macworld's Editors' Choice Reply with quote

Mac Mini Wins Macworld's Editors' Choice
Monday December 12, 2005

The results are in! The Mac mini has won Macworld's 2005 Editors' Choice Award for breakthrough product of the year. The Mac mini had some serious competition in this year's contest. The new iMac (with Front Row), iPod nano, 5G iPod, and Mighty Mouse were in the same category. "With the release of the Mac mini, Apple did something its critics said could never be done: release a Mac with a price tag beneath $500. But Apple being Apple, it didn't just toss third-rate Mac technology in a plastic box and call it a day," said Jason Snell of Macworld. There will be more information and a complete list of winners in the February issue of Macworld magazine.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/408.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing "We are the Champions" by Queen now... Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that a product they gave 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 stars (depending on the model) received Best product of 2005.

I like Macworld. I buy it every month.

Macworld, if you're reading this, please make the US copy similar to the UK copy and include a DVD.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Interesting that a product they gave 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 stars (depending on the model) received Best product of 2005.

I think reader votes are part of the final decision. I'm not sure how those scores compare with the new iMac and iPods. It seems like Macworld gives every Apple product 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 mice. I've never seen one under three and very few have a perfect five.
iLife's a Bitch!
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there ever any doubt?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:

None whatsoever. The iPod nano would be second on my list. The next mini will be considered the greatest Apple product of all time if it includes a Dual-Core Yonah, built-in iPod dock, Front Row with Apple remote, and DVR all in the same form factor.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
bsnoel wrote:

None whatsoever. The iPod nano would be second on my list. The next mini will be considered the greatest Apple product of all time if it includes a Dual-Core Yonah, built-in iPod dock, Front Row with Apple remote, and DVR all in the same form factor.

Although I am fond of my mini. But... for half the year it only shipped with 256MB of RAM.

I don't use all the processing power of a G4 so not having a G5 is not a big deal. But for day to day use at least 512MB is needed and a 7200RPM drive would be nice.

So, I'd call it the product of 1/2 the year.

I hope they go to a 7200RPM hard drive down the road and an extra RAM slot would be nice. Or build the first 512MB on the board and leave the one slot free.
Tolken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Or build the first 512MB on the board and leave the one slot free.

That's a great idea! I hope Apple is listening up. My Mac mini came with 512MB. I would like to upgrade to 1GB, but this chip would just go to waste.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tolken wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
Or build the first 512MB on the board and leave the one slot free.

That's a great idea! I hope Apple is listening up. My Mac mini came with 512MB. I would like to upgrade to 1GB, but this chip would just go to waste.

A 512MB chip would be very easy to sell. Lots of us still have 256MB and would love the upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: