123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Disappointed: iPad 2 Event Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: I'm Disappointed: iPad 2 Event Video Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that I can't watch the iPad 2 video from March 2, 2011. Since I have Leopard I can't watch it. Only Snow Leopard Macs can watch it, or iOS devices that are newer.

I don't feel the need to buy Snow Leopard. Leopard is working just fine for me. It's too bad Apple feels some of their customers should be left out.

As of now my Leopard 2.4 GHz 2 GB RAM machine does everything I need it to do. I don't even know when I'll ever want a new computer. Until this one fails I'll keep using it.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download it via iTunes

In the iTunes Stores search for Apple Keynotes in podcast section.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
You can download it via iTunes

In the iTunes Stores search for Apple Keynotes in podcast section.

I searched for it and it isn't there. The links I find still require Snow Leopard.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows up in the UK, thats how I normally watch them

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Someone Posted It On Youtube Reply with quote

Someone posted it on Youtube and I watched it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGxEQhdi1AQ

I was impressed with Garage Band more than anything else.

I held the first version in my hand at an electronics store and it wasn't impressive due to the WiFi being blocked and shackled by the store's internet connection. Will the iPad 2 be more comfortable in my hands with the two tenths pound difference in weight? Maybe it will be. The faster speed would certainly make the unit much more fun to play with while using different apps. I don't know if it would be much faster with its connection speed. That would depend on the signal it was receiving.

Lately I've been getting Ubuntu working better on my HP computer. If it ever gets fully sorted out so that it is just as easy to use as the Mac I own then I might sell the Mac and get the iPad 2. I'll keep the Vista partition so that I can connect to iTunes. It seems like a decent plan.

I need to learn about the iPad connectivity to monitors other than HDMI or VGA. I have a widescreen monitor and don't understand if the iPad can now fill the screen with 1080P.

Does anybody know what resolution it will support when connected to an external display? Mine is 1900 X 1080 using DVI or VGA. I know the native resolution of the iPad is 1024 X 768 just like my 15 inch monitor that came with my first Gateway computer.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: