123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem authorizing rented movies on atv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gibmini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Problem authorizing rented movies on atv Reply with quote

Hi,

I purchased a rental movie on itunes on my mini and then transferred it to my atv (1st gen) using itunes. When I went to view the movie it was on the atv, but when I went to play it it came back saying that the atv was not authorized. I checked the atv and it is registered to my itunes account.

I rented a movie direct from atv and it played fine. So, it appears that I can't rent a movie on my mac and then view it later on my atv.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? If so, any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks,

GM

iPhone 4S
2.3GHz latest gen macbook pro, 2.4GHz latest gen Mini, 1.83GHz Mini, 2.0GHz Macbook
160Gb 1st gen ATV & 2nd gen ATV
1 of every gen of Nano
iPhone 4S
30" apple cinema display
gibmini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I think i have found the root cause (but probably not a solution):

it appears that if you transfer (from your mac) to the atv in itunes and then it starts the transfer, then you interrupt the transfer (I switched off my machine) and then try to start it again then the atv freaks out and cannot authorise the movies.

Thanks Apple again for a lack of testing....DKJSHDJSDK**$%SDH !!!

GM Sad

Apple...more and more like microsoft every day...

iPhone 4S
2.3GHz latest gen macbook pro, 2.4GHz latest gen Mini, 1.83GHz Mini, 2.0GHz Macbook
160Gb 1st gen ATV & 2nd gen ATV
1 of every gen of Nano
iPhone 4S
30" apple cinema display
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: