123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backup program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: backup program Reply with quote

hello i have got a mac mini 10.6.5 with snow leopard and i am looking for a back up program to just back up my games folder which is on an external cyclone drive to an external 120 gb drive,i would like it to be compressed in some way because 120 gb is not that big and my games folder is growing daily,it would also need an incremental back up,i have tried Bonkey which failed on me,Silver Keeper but it does not compress,i am trying Mathusalem at the moment in full backup mode and compress but i cannot see incremental back up,all i can see is something called atomic back up ?
any ideas please on anything i have not tried already ?
thank you.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Chronosync I do a similar backup to you. I have network issues at work and gave up using their network to store my files and reverted to an external HDD. As I'm off network at work my files aren't getting backed up so every Friday I bring the drive home from work and let Chronosync back it up to my Drobo.

Another alternative worth looking at is Carbon Copy Cloner.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
tundraSQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time capsule?
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you i will try Chronosync
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: