123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plex help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeInJapan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Plex help Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I hate the PLEX help forum so I thought I would as ask here.

I am using the most recent version of PLEX and I am trying to add another HD. How do I add another HDD location that will be merged with the other movies and TV shows in my library.

I can add them so that they are in a different sections that I can name myself but I want them in one section. I don't want to reset the system just to achieve this.
[walk-i-looky]iPad 3G 64Gb
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it this means that you were able to get Plex working, yes?

It's pretty much the same way that you added them the first time.

Go to the Plex Media Manager, and select the Movies(or whatever you have named it) section. Your movies should appear in the window.

Down at the bottom right corner of the PMM window, there is a button called "Edit Section." Click on that and a window comes up that lets you edit the properties for that section. The bottom half of the window should be a folder like icon view with your existing Movie folder. You can either drag a folder into this part of the window, or you can click the + button and add it in a more traditional manner.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
MikeInJapan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am up and running again. I love plex but not their forum's. The people there are lacking people skills. They kept asking for information and files that didn't exist and telling me do the same things I had already told them I had tried. I finally did a reinstall to get it working again as new users accounts has the same problem.

I knew there was a way to add extra directories I just forgot how. Thanks for the info.
[walk-i-looky]iPad 3G 64Gb
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download XBMC 10. It has it all over Plex anyways. Wink

I agree with you on the Plex forums. I don't even fire them up anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: