123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call of Duty 2 still lives. But..but...but ....a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spokexx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Call of Duty 2 still lives. But..but...but ....a problem. Reply with quote

Ok, I have an 08 MacMini (2.53, Geforce 9400M, and 4g ram). I have COD2 OSX playing on it and Im getting real good framerates (50-90) but i see this annoying stuttering on the screen when moving around and panning. The screen doesnt look liquid smooth even though the fps meter shows high framerates. Im only playing multiplayer online and I noticed that when i join a server, i see this stuttering. But if i host a game just for test purposes, the stuttering is gone and the screen looks liquid smooth. AA on or off makes no difference, texture settings make no difference, resolution makes no difference, rendering method set to normal, filtering settings makes no difference. I dont get it Crying or Very sad
spokexx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i fixed it. i right clicked on the COD2 app and selected Get Info. Then I checked Open using Rosetta. The game plays smooooth when i join a server now. Framerates up to 85 with 1024x768, 2Xaa, normal rendering, all textures on high. giddy up !!! Very Happy
spokexx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i installed bootcamp winXP and installed the pc version of COD2 and with the official drivers for the 9400M for winXP the game plays amazing. Better than my old pc box with framerates up to 75 (vsync locked).
In fact alot of my old pc games are playing great.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not noticed any problems like that on my ... 360!

The early CoDs are all great games in my book!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call of duty 2 has always had weird graphic issues glad to here about the rosetta fix though thank you will help me get mine running again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: