123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Praise Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalton63841

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Praise Thread Reply with quote

Okay feel free to delete this thread if it is superfluous.

I realized that alot of new/potential new users get a bad idea about buying Macs when they check out forums, because people only post when they have an issue. I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread praising our Mac, so that new users can get an idea of the level of satisfaction they are looking at.

I have a 2009 13" Macbook Pro, and also a late 2009 Mac Mini. I bought them in February, 2010. They are the greatest machines I have ever bought. To give you an idea, I am poor, like trailor court poor. I make $1000 per MONTH. I still don't regret buying them.

My Mini is a GREAT workhorse. It is currently used as a torrent box, to convert video with Handbrake(which is running alot), iTunes share, blah blah blah...Even with like 6 apps running, and 3 seperate HandbrakeCLI processes running, It still never slows down. And yes you read that right, 6 apps, including Safari with tabs open, and 3 .mkv 1080p movies converting to mp4 with HandbrakeCLI, simultaneously, on a Mac Mini. It does get warm, but thats to be expected from a workhorse.

My MBP is my everywhere computer. I live on this thing. I'm on it prolly 14 hours a day, almost every day. This thing just works, and does everything I throw at it...Just like the Mac Mini, no matter how much I have going on it, I never notice a slow-down. I couldn't go back to a Windows laptop if I had to.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are on you MBP 14 hours a day and make $1000/month. What is it that you do for a living?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way. I would never even consider buying a computer from another manufacture. Apple has the best OS and quality products out there. The haters will tell you otherwise, but i think they are just jealous of Apple's success.
Dalton63841

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
You are on you MBP 14 hours a day and make $1000/month. What is it that you do for a living?

LOL Factory work. 4 on, 3 off. I don't require much sleep, and yes, I'm a little bit addicted to the computer.
wavinwayne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton63841 wrote:
iMav wrote:

LOL Factory work. 4 on, 3 off. I don't require much sleep, and yes, I'm a little bit addicted to the computer.

You must be very good at managing money, to earn $1k/month and still be able to buy 2 Macs. Kudos to you.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton, I think you need a time out from your computers! Smile
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Praise Thread Reply with quote

Dalton63841 wrote:
, and 3 .mkv 1080p movies converting to mp4 with HandbrakeCLI, simultaneously, on a Mac Mini. It does get warm, but thats to be expected from a workhorse.

Don't convert them, just use MKVtools to change the container to MP4. Much quicker and doesn't degrade the quality!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: